Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Interest Credit Card

Options
  • 20-10-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

Ive been with BOIreland forever and 2 years ago when I got my first credit card I just went with their basic advantage card. I think the rate on it is 21%

Fairly noob question here but is there much work to changing card company and what does it entail? I see Halifax have a card with a rate of 13% - Is it as simple as signing up with them, they set the direct debit up with my BOI account and thats it. I presume ya dont need to open a bank account with them for the card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Very easy to switch credit cards. Simply a matter of signing up for a new one. Part of that process involves you stating how much (if any) debt from your current card you want to switch over to the new one.

Good list of best offers is here:

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/credit-card-offers

You don't need to open a bank account with the likes of BOI just to get their credit card.

Finally, worth remembering that by cancelling a credit with your current company you will be liable for €40 stamp duty. However, you can get a letter from them stating that you have therefore paid the duty for that year. You then pass this letter on to the new credit card company. Means that you are not liable for the duty for the new card for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Agricola wrote: »
    Ive been with BOIreland forever and 2 years ago when I got my first credit card I just went with their basic advantage card. I think the rate on it is 21%

Fairly noob question here but is there much work to changing card company and what does it entail? I see Halifax have a card with a rate of 13% - Is it as simple as signing up with them, they set the direct debit up with my BOI account and thats it. I presume ya dont need to open a bank account with them for the card?

http://www.boi.ie/personal/day_to_day/credit_card/index.html - The Clear Credit is your option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Great advise, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Stamp duty is €30 :)

Advertisement