Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Xbox Live Points Scam?

• 20-10-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Was playing call of Duty 4 today and a guy on my team sends me a message offering me free xbox live points. I thought id humour him for a few minutes and when I asked him how does it work he mumbled something about working for microsoft in New York and getting a whole load of points free each month. He then asked me for my windows live password in order to give me 4000 points. Safe to say i didnt give it to him. Seems mental someone would actually ask me for my windows live password! He could just spend all the points I already have in one fell swoop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Yep definite scam,I actually know someone who gave over his details.Number one rule nver ever give out your passwords a big No No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

proof that its easier to scam a dishonest person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yup, avoid. When will people realise that theres no way of getting MS points or gold membership for free. Never ever give out passwords. Think about it, why would Microsoft or whoever ask you for your password through an email? They would already have it on record somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

mukki wrote: »
    proof that its easier to scam a dishonest person

I didn't want the points i never use them. I had a feeling it was a scam, i just wanted to hear him explain himself, and he made a right balls of it. I could also hear someone talking in the background saying 'yeah get him to do it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

If you give your password away to one of these guys in the hopes of earning free points, you pretty much deserve to have your profile taken away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

You should have given him a fake password. That would have wasted some of their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If you give your password away to one of these guys in the hopes of earning free points, you pretty much deserve to have your profile taken away.

Kids of a young enough age would know no better , although the argument could be made they shouldnt be playing unsupervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Yeah young kids would just love the idea of free points and dive head first into it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

hi i was playing cod5 when i got a message. Stating a number of complaints been logged against me and if i wanted to continue playing xbox live i would have to reply with my windows adress and password within 30 days. Thinking i done something wrong i decided to call xbox live call centre. They told me to never give out my personal details. The gamertag that sent me the message was called microsoftXX or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just don't give out passwords. Ever. Regardless of what it says in the message

• Advertisement
Advertisement