Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bar closing times during the week

• 20-10-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hey guys so i havent been out on a wednesday night in ages in waterford, looking for closing times of bars, like geoffs, the kazbar, masons ect..... plus is anything good on this wednesday?

cheers

rat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The bars close at 11pm...you'll be thrown out around 11:30. Clubs close at 2

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

The bars close at 11pm...you'll be thrown out around 11:30. Clubs close at 2

thanks for that, which clubs are open on a Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

All I would say,

Trying to get the student crowds.

Escape. Rubys. Oxygen. Harveys.

4 clubs in our wee city...

so is the kazbar closed at 11.30?

• Advertisement

yes

anyone know what night the stock exchange is on in masons? not for me i don´t drink my buddies want to know

Fridays for sure...maybe another night...not sure.

my friends seem to think there is some kind of cheap drinks offer on Wednesday night, anyone got any idea what they are talking about?

Kazbar have student deals on wednesday night alright.

• Advertisement

Kazbar have student deals on wednesday night alright.

in one way thats cool, but we dont leave the house until 11 so kazbar wont work for us.

Back in the old days...sheffs etc...the students came out early...there were great specials on...

now they don't go out til half 11+ so you can't blame the night clubs for trying to get as much money out of you as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well, it works both ways, we don't head out until after 11 for a reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Was in the Cove last Sat night and all bottles were 3.25. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Is the Forum closed these days?

It's probably worth saying that there are numerous late opening bars, which are at least as popular as the clubs, such as Electric Avenue, Twister Vics, Ruby's Lounge, Dignity, etc.

Is the Forum closed these days?
    Still open Fridays and Saturdays. Traffik isn't as popular since students went back. They say that their Comedy Club is doing very well but they're comping a very high percentage of their tickets to try and compete with Flash's Comedy Night. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say they're in a bit of trouble!
    It's probably worth saying that there are numerous late opening bars, which are at least as popular as the clubs, such as Electric Avenue, Twister Vics, Ruby's Lounge, Dignity, etc.

The only late bars during the week are the Woodman and Ruby Lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

AdMMM wrote: »
    Still open Fridays and Saturdays. Traffik isn't as popular since students went back. They say that their Comedy Club is doing very well but they're comping a very high percentage of their tickets to try and compete with Flash's Comedy Night. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say they're in a bit of trouble!

The only late bars during the week are the Woodman and Ruby Lounge.

Hmm... since when does Electric Avenue not open late during the week? Are you sure about Twister Vics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

merlante wrote: »
    Hmm... since when does Electric Avenue not open late during the week? Are you sure about Twister Vics?

Twister Vick's is only late on weekends. Possibly not even on Sundays anymore since they've stopped doing bands on Sundays.

And actually bar closing times are 11:30 midweek, 12:30 on Fridays/Saturdays and 11:00 only on Sundays (with a half-hour drinking-up time every night).

merlante wrote: »
    Generally Electric Avenue close at 11:30 during the week with the exception being if they have a band booked in which case they'll apply for the late license. It's just not worth their while on "ordinary" nights.

Advertisement