Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU AGM

• 20-10-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

On the front cover of An Focal there's a caption saying 'Free Stuff' in front of the information about the date, time and location for the meeting.

Is there actually going to be free stuff for those who attend?

For anyone who didn't know, the AGM is on
    Wednesday, Week7 @ 3pm in the Jean Monnet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

3pm :mad:
    Ffs, I have lectures and tutorials all day Wednesdays...

I'm gonna have to miss it...and I'm a class rep! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I'm not certain!!! But judging from other years it will probably be free food in the SU.

Hopefully they won't have in the Stables or Javas otherwise they could be accused of getting students to drink Alcohol too early in the day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

aparantly I have a class rep that appeared out of nowhere, don't remember being asked to vote for them, shejust ... appeared and annunciated to us all that she was the class rep.

Why don't they hold their agm in week 2 rather than one of the most busy times of the semester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

aparantly I have a class rep that appeared out of nowhere, don't remember being asked to vote for them, shejust ... appeared and annunciated to us all that she was the class rep.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this) There isn't a requirement for a class to vote. What happens is you'd collect a form from the SU and get 10 people in your course to sign it for you endorsing you for class rep. If there are more places available then people applying to become class reps for that round then there's no election.

There's 1 class rep per ~25 students up 100 students.

If you are unhappy with someone as class rep then you can have a vote to remove them.

Aoife Finnerty is the current Education officer. Your best bet if you have questions is ask her. Her office is 2nd door to the right of reception in the SU.
    Why don't they hold their agm in week 2 rather than one of the most busy times of the semester.
    Week 2 would probably be far to early for it to be run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Polar Ice wrote: »
    (someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this) There isn't a requirement for a class to vote. What happens is you'd collect a form from the SU and get 10 people in your course to sign it for you endorsing you for class rep. If there are more places available then people applying to become class reps for that round then there's no election.

There's 1 class rep per ~25 students up 100 students.

If you are unhappy with someone as class rep then you can have a vote to remove them.
    You're correct.

Although technically rather than "If there are more places available then people applying to become class reps for that round then there's no election.", it's "If there are more people applying to become class reps for that round than there are total places available then then there's an election." It's a technical difference - I know what you meant:)
    Aoife Finnerty is the current Education officer. Your best bet if you have questions is ask her. Her office is 2nd door to the right of reception in the SU.
    Third door rather than second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

sceptre wrote: »
    Third door rather than second.

Free condoms on the second door on the left!!! If you need an education on how to use them............. ehuhhh........ better stay with door 2...........

Its not really what door three is for, although judging by the articles she wrote last year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I was handed a sheet to sign in a tutorial...I thought it was an attendance sheet. :D

Advertisement