Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sighting of my stolen bike

Options
  • 20-10-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

My bike got nicked from house from in Kimmage in July, but last week me and my mates spotted it outside the cinema at Parnell St. its a maroon ladies bike with Margharita Professional on the crossbars. pretty sure whoever was cycling it wasnt the one who nicked it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

jen- wrote: »
    My bike got nicked from house from in Kimmage in July, but last week me and my mates spotted it outside the cinema at Parnell St. its a maroon ladies bike with Margharita Professional on the crossbars. pretty sure whoever was cycling it wasnt the one who nicked it.

did you not stop them and ask (and ask for it back)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

and why dont you have it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jen-

It was parked. I left a note but didnt get any reponse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

You left a note on YOUR bike asking someone who DIDN'T own it, could you have it back? I'm speechless...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

For feck sake, if you were sure it was yours you should have either locked it with another lock provided you had one with you or called the guards. Pretty slack not even staying around and quizzing the cyclist, leaving a note is useless, even if they'd bought the bike from some scumbag they're very unlikely to contact you and return the bike to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

And it will hardly ever be seen within 30 miles of that location again.

:D:D:D

LOL

Thats just made my day, Boards.ie rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

you left a note omg wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here thats the dumbest thing ive heard someone do in ages, apart from that lady on who wants to be a millionair,
    which is bigger the moon, an elephant, a peanut, a bus
    she asked for 5050 and then still couldnt decide, so she phoned a friend and she went against her mates answer of b the fluppin moon and went with elephant, no offence lady but geees:rolleyes: can it be let known, write down your bike number so if you ever do come across your stolen beloved, ring the 5 0 and they will cut the lock off for you! actually this post has made me smile, was having a bad day up until now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Attack the post not the poster.... attack the post not the poster....Attack the post not the poster.... attack the post not the poster....Attack the post not the poster.... attack the post not the poster....

Must.....not....attack.....the.....poster.......

SERIOUSLY WTF..... Kudos to your parents for bringing you up to be a ridiculously nice person but come on... You have to be pulling the piss.. If I spotted either of my two previously stolen bikes I would wait around till someone came to claim it. I wouldn't even bother waiting for an explanation, I'd go all ninja on them and take my bike home....

Then sell it on Ebay as I already have a bike now.

• Advertisement

can we sticky this......?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mockler007 wrote: »
    you left a note omg wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here thats the dumbest thing ive heard someone do in ages, apart from that lady on who wants to be a millionair,
    which is bigger the moon, an elephant, a peanut, a bus
    she asked for 5050 and then still couldnt decide, so she phoned a friend and she went against her mates answer of b the fluppin moon and went with elephant, no offence lady but geees:rolleyes: can it be let known, write down your bike number so if you ever do come across your stolen beloved, ring the 5 0 and they will cut the lock off for you! actually this post has made me smile, was having a bad day up until now
    Never happened:

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/gameshows/millionaire.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

well, do let us know if they get back to you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Next time youll know to leave some chocolates or flowers with the note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

aww come on guys,cut her some slack. She could have been waiting around all night or it could be left there for afew days for this scumbag to come and unlock the bike. Did people not think about that before posting and slagging the poster or did peoples little brain's not think of that!

I hope you get your bike back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Did people not think about that before posting and slagging the poster or did peoples little brain's not think of that!
    I don't think any of them ever made a mistake in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

pretty sure whoever was cycling it wasnt the one who nicked it.

Because they were a layyyydeeeee?

I don't think any of them ever made a mistake in their lives.

I wish i was perfect like them too but then i would have no friends :(

....or did peoples little brain's not think of that!
    You're right, clearly we are nowhere near as smart as the obviously highly intelligent OP.

davyjose wrote: »
    You're right, clearly we are nowhere near as smart as the obviously highly intelligent OP.

I dunno what makes you think she aint intelligent. Her bike got nicked,she seen it again in the city and left a note on it. Whats so stupid about that?
    Do you have some idea how to change the OP situation and to prove this intelligence that you may possess?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

My bike got nicked a few months back, If I see it there won't be any notes. Not even an foul mouthed tirade.

OP you have anger issues I think, you need more anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

i recently got a bike back that was robbed 4 and a half years ago, it was a gary fischer joshua x1. coulde'nt belive my eyes when i saw it went over and just took it off some junky fcuk, im sure he got it somewere else. the bike was in bits but couldnt belive i got it back.

I dunno what makes you think she aint intelligent. Her bike got nicked,she seen it again in the city and left a note on it. Whats so stupid about that?
    Do you have some idea how to change the OP situation and to prove this intelligence that you may possess?

1. Called the cops - the bike was stolen from her house, which I'm sure was reported at the time (maybe she sent them a note though, who knows). Breaking into someone's house is a big enough crime in itself tbh.

2. I would have waited for it to be unlocked and then taken it.

3. Walked the 20 yards to cycleways, bought a lock and locked MY bike up, until such time as I could return with a boltcutters!!!!

What I wouldn't have done, is invested 2 minutes of my time by writing a note, and walking off.

Edit: in fairness, if I were a girl, I mightn't have done #2, and i wouldn't advise it (but 1 & 3 defo!!!)

davyjose wrote: »
    3. Walked the 20 yards to cycleways, bought a lock and locked MY bike up, until such time as I could return with a boltcutters!!!!

Thats a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i recently got a bike back that was robbed 4 and a half years ago, it was a gary fischer joshua x1. coulde'nt belive my eyes when i saw it went over and just took it off some junky fcuk, im sure he got it somewere else. the bike was in bits but couldnt belive i got it back.
    did you clean the aids and hep c off it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Thats a great idea

people who steal bikes usually have access to bolt cutters themselves, by the time you got back they'd prob have nicked it again!

people who steal bikes usually have access to bolt cutters themselves, by the time you got back they'd prob have nicked it again!

Id just leave a note telling them not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

ha ha, no need for the bike any more i'd rather it rot in my shed that some junk bag have it. theres no brake's or gears working on the bike.

ha ha, no need for the bike any more i'd rather it rot in my shed that some junk bag have it. theres no brake's or gears working on the bike.

build a fixie

• Advertisement

people who steal bikes usually have access to bolt cutters themselves
    They also possess the ability to crumple up a note

Advertisement