Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Camera

• 20-10-2009 9:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Where would a man be able to buy a cheap second hand 35mm film camera in Dublin? Is there any shops in town that deal in these? I'd like an Olympus Om1 or Canon Ae1 or something along those lines if possible.

Cheap = <€40

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

Try John Gunn on Camden Street, they always have a few old SLRs - don't know about prices though.

There's a lot of charity shops along the strip of Portobello, Camden Street and Georges Street that often have old film cameras.

There's also Halls on Talbot Street, but I'd go to Gunn's first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

There's one on ebay for about 30E at the moment. OM-1 I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Do you shoot nikon or canon ordinarily ? If nikon then you should definately get some older nikon film body. FE-2 ideally, or something similiar. Or of course one of the pro bodies if you can find them. I bought an F4 in conns a couple of years ago. You can use any non-G lenses you already have with the manual bodies.
    If you shoot canon then ... uhhh ... apologies for the above :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you won't get a decent OM1 on the high street for the budget you have; they'd typically be up over the ton.

interestingly, a friend of mine got a mint secondhand OM3Ti recently for probably what it cost new. they ain't cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I dont think you'll get an slr in any shop for 40euro, even without a lens.

I spent an afternoon going to as many charity shops as I could and most were filled with junk, point and shoot auto cameras with plastic lenses priced at 30euro!

theres a place in rathmines that had a few decent cameras but priced alot more than what you would get them for online so not really a bargain find

you'll get a pentax k mount camera and lens for around 40euro on ebay.
    ricoh, sears and chinon also have cameras that take pentax lenses, some are exact same model as pentax but rebadged

if u need it fast and can spend more than 40 try gunns, camera exchange and berminghams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

you could buy this for €30?

not me selling it btw - just spotted it right after i read this!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

ffordes.com are a prety good online site that have secondhand stuff prices are only ok I have bought off them in the past and found them reliable but a bit slow if you only pay for the basic delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

you won't get a decent OM1 on the high street for the budget you have; they'd typically be up over the ton.

interestingly, a friend of mine got a mint secondhand OM3Ti recently for probably what it cost new. they ain't cheap.

I've an OM4Ti but I'd love an OM3Ti, I've only seen them on ebay a couple of times and they've been sold for in ecess of €2000 both times.

An OM4 in the UK went for €130 this week on ebay, that's a bargain price

I may have been scouting for bargains :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

artyeva wrote: »
    you could buy this for €30?

I was about to say. you'll get an OM-10 for your budget.

Advertisement