Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Group Buys >> PLEASE PAY ATTENTION - 5 DAYS ONLY <<

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

So we could make a game out of it? Who finds most typos...;)

Relax. That's normal. Especially if only one person looks at it. And you were busy enough with all our submissions, cropping, the layout and god knows what else! And nowhere we mention the book is done by professional publishers (and even they have typos in their books).
    BTW the book is about pictures, not words...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A drinking game, maybe...?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Of course, what else?:confused:;)

(Who doesn't find a typo has to pay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bo Malicious

Ive paid now. Looking forward to seeing the printed edition.

well done everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Just paid. wuhooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Do you need a paypal account to pay :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Covey wrote: »
    Do you need a paypal account to pay :confused::confused:

If you have a credit card, I don't think you need a Paypal account. Just go to Paypal homepage and click Send Money. Enter the details of payment, preferably pick Personal as purpose of payment so m_s_nixon won't get charged. You might as well pay the transaction fees. Good luck!

Sorry, not going to make it by six. Log on details are at home and it won't let me pay without them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

think :)im all paid up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Should have mine paid up by 6. Probably won't make the launch as there's a rugby match on in the afternoon.

• Advertisement

Paid, with great difficulty.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Paid up, forgot to reply!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Paid up too and Paypal giving me hassle too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

People who haven't paid, you've got 1 hour before i put the order in..

People who have paid, sorry about the lack of pm's, everyone will be pm'd tonight along with a list of what's been ordered and all the relevant order and shipping info

CLOSED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Bigtime proud to be a part of this.
    Well done, and a big thanks to everyone involved. Can't wait to get my hands on the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Bigtime proud to be a part of this.
    Well done, and a big thanks to everyone involved. Can't wait to get my hands on the book!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Just ordered a copy there myself! Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looking good, when I eventually found the link for the blurb site, I had to do some digging !
    So......my order is placed, €47.94 incl shipping, ship date 9th Nov.
    /taps toes in anticipation......

• Advertisement

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    People who haven't paid, you've got 1 hour before i put the order in..

People who have paid, sorry about the lack of pm's, everyone will be pm'd tonight along with a list of what's been ordered and all the relevant order and shipping info

Did you send PM's or have I got a problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Did you send PM's or have I got a problem ?

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as its on the best sellers list I would assume the group buy has gone in?

gandalf wrote: »
    Well as its on the best sellers list I would assume the group buy has gone in?

It has. It's just that oB said a few days back that he was PMing people to confirm that payment had been received.

sorry, i missed this, order has yet to go through, I'm having issues with paypal and they're not being very helpful in resolving it, hope to have it cleared up soon

Paypal was a biiig problem in paying for me. Won't be using them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 t00116131

just purchased mine!

Any developments? Seems odd that the book is in the bestsellers if the bulk order is not gone in? If you are still having trouble with Paypal I may be able to gat someone to check it out.

Also I remember last year that it took some peoples books 4 weeks to arrive so looking at the launch party date we would really need the order in ASAP (not trying to put any more pressure on or anything :D).

BTW we are out of the top sellers list. The top book is the Photographers@Microsoft 2009 book and it would be nice to knock it off its perch :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Production and delivery times seem shorter this year. My copy came from the Netherlands instead of the US, which certainly helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

My yearbook turned up today, looks great! Well done to all the organisers and those involved! :)

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    sorry, i missed this, order has yet to go through, I'm having issues with paypal and they're not being very helpful in resolving it, hope to have it cleared up soon

Any news on the group buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Any news on the group buy?

I just pm'd the guys earlier.

I think if Paypal aren't getting their act together it might be appropriate for people to start harassing paypal support that the funds sent through haven't cleared paypal to the boards book account and that your product hasn't therefore been released. ie. it is their fault at this stage.

Let's allow the guys come back on this so as not to cross wires with anything else that might be going on.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

AnCatDubh wrote: »

I think if Paypal aren't getting their act together it might be appropriate for people to start harassing paypal support that the funds sent through haven't cleared paypal to the boards book account and that your product hasn't therefore been released. ie. it is their fault at this stage.

Let's allow the guys come back on this so as not to cross wires with anything else that might be going on.

Thanks.
    just a quick question on this. where do we pick up the book from the group buy?

AnCatDubh wrote: »

Thanks.

Sorry, but I can't do that. I didn't transfer any monies to Blurb for a book I transfered to m_s_nixon. Now if m_s_nixon haven't received it, I'm not aware of that as I've heard absolutely nothing to that effect.

Would appreciate a prompt response on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Are you not purchacing a service from m_s_nixon? Is the paypal delay not delaying the delivery of said service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

As Nisio puts it above is what I was trying to say - not hassling blurb but paypal if the funds which people have sent through are being blocked from doing anything with them.

But i'm only surmising here based on earlier posts. I haven't heard from the guys on the project team at this stage and m_s_nixon can pick up this point when he gets online later.

As I said it would be nice to know what the problem is?

I paid a week ago today and normally I wouldn't let a payment float around with indications of a problem with it (though no specifics on that) for a week:eek:

Time at least for an explanation.

I still haven't had the funds released by paypal, someone contacted me offering to pay by credit card so hopefully this will happen soon and i can swap the funds over to them as soon as they clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I was few days off the Boards.
    What is the state of this?
    And confirmation on received payments?
    Should I have received a PM?
    Books were ordered?
    Date when they shall arrive?
    Collection per person or is there a date/time/place when I could collect the books?
    Is there official opening -presentation to public?

• Advertisement

ThOnda wrote: »
    I was few days off the Boards.
    What is the state of this?
    And confirmation on received payments?
    Should I have received a PM?
    Books were ordered?
    Date when they shall arrive?
    Collection per person or is there a date/time/place when I could collect the books?
    Is there official opening -presentation to public?

haven't been ordered yet, if it doesn't happen by the end of the weekend I'll just issue refunds, at this stage it's going to cost more money than I've recieved to place the order and I don't want everyone getting pissed off at me for something that's outside my control

Could you maybe spell out what the problem is? Did you miscalculate the cost, the discount or whatever. There is just a big information black hole building up here.

Why are Paypal not releasing the funds? How will you be out money? If people paid then just order for those that have paid. Are Paypal looking for extra money?

As I said already, I may be able to ger access to someone in Paypal to have a look at this.

I agree it would be nice to know what the actual issue is here.

Right, after a very iffy PM and 8 days of no information , tomorrow 7th November 3pm is my deadline and then I get on to paypal about an immediate refund. This is just not on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Valentia wrote: »
    Why are Paypal not releasing the funds? How will you be out money? If people paid then just order for those that have paid. Are Paypal looking for extra money?

As I said already, I may be able to ger access to someone in Paypal to have a look at this.

Presumeably if ms Nixon has to make a load of paypal transfers to refund us he'll have to pay a fee for each of them? I don't think that'd be fair on him. Perhaps some patience and taking up Valentias offer would be the way to go?

Patience might be the way to go, but not without any information.

My offer of assistance was made a long time ago. I have had no contact whatsoever.:rolleyes:

sorry guys I wasn't on here yesterday, very sorry about the lack of info.

paypal have blocked my account just because of the amount of money I've recieved, I don't use my account a lot, they've requested details off me which i've supplied and I'm just waiting to have my account unrestricted.

Covey, you can have a refund if you wish, you don't have to go to paypal looking for it

Valentia, If you offered help then i somehow must have overlooked, I'll pm you now

Like I said someone contacted me about placing the order on their cc, hopefully this will happen soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I paid (without hassle) by pypal as I mentioned earlier int he thread, but got no PM confirming it. Like the others, I'm curious about the current status. Covey did you already ask paypal fro a refund, I presume if people have done this the groupbuy is in danger of falling through?!

Advertisement