Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Group Buys >> PLEASE PAY ATTENTION - 5 DAYS ONLY <<

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Nisio wrote: »
    Presumeably if ms Nixon has to make a load of paypal transfers to refund us he'll have to pay a fee for each of them? I don't think that'd be fair on him. Perhaps some patience and taking up Valentias offer would be the way to go?

the reason why the order is going to cost more is beacuse blurb were offering a 15% discount but this is now a 10% discount, if paypal hadn't restricted my account i would have gotten the order in on time to avail of the 15% discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

i happy for you to continue with my share of the money M S Nixon.
    itll cost me alot more if you send the money back and i try to buy it myself.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep same here m_s_nixon and I will cover the difference on my part of the purchase. Very pissed off with Paypal especially considering they charged me a transaction fee to transfer the money. They used to be handy to use in the past but in recent times they have become a pain in the tits.

this should be a full list of who's paid and what they've paid for

alb 1xh
    artyeva 1xh
    Bo Malicious 1xh
    brndn 1xs
    cabansail 1xh 1xs
    car 1xh
    catchlight 1xs
    Covey 1xh 1xs
    democrates 1xh
    DeVore 3xh 9xs
    dink 1xh
    edser 1xs
    irlirishkev 1xh
    gandalf 1xh 3xs
    hearvee 1xh
    humberklog 2xs
    Jolly 1xs
    kensutz 1xh 1xs
    kintaro hattori 1xh
    kjt 1xh
    longshanks100 1xh
    mart_max 1xh
    m_s_nixon 1xs
    nilhg 1xs
    nisio 1xh
    north1 1xh
    paulw 2xs
    pete4130 1xh
    pivot_al 1xh
    positivenote 1xh
    pullandbang 1xh
    rahtkennades 1xs
    rameire 4xs
    sineadw 1xh
    superflyninja 1xh
    thonda 2xs
    trishw 2xs
    trizo 1xh 1xs
    valentia 1xh 1xs
    xia 1xh 1xs

please let me know asap if anything doesn't appear correct

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Thanks for the explaination Mark. Yes, I mentioned that I might be able to get someone in Paypal to sort it out. I have heard of them locking accounts when the account becomes unusually active. I should be possible to sort out very quickly over the phone though and pointing them in the direction of this thread.

I have no problem paying the difference either.

When are you expecting to hear from them? I can't understand how it would take them more than an hour to take the block off the account once they accept the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Thanks Mark :) Can you tell me what the difference is and I'll gladly forward you the extra bit? You shouldn't be out of pocket!

Valentia wrote: »
    Thanks for the explaination Mark. Yes, I mentioned that I might be able to get someone in Paypal to sort it out. I have heard of them locking accounts when the account becomes unusually active. I should be possible to sort out very quickly over the phone though and pointing them in the direction of this thread.

I have no problem paying the difference either.

When are you expecting to hear from them? I can't understand how it would take them more than an hour to take the block off the account once they accept the circumstances.

I must have missed that, i definitely would have taken you up on that offer. I'm going to ring paypal shortly, I'll pm you after that and fill you in, thanks :)

if anyone wants to count the list I'd appreciate it, i make it 30 hardbacks and 37 softbacks, I've counted a couple of times but I'm worried about ordering the wrong stuff!

The order has gone in :)
    HUGE thanks to democrates for saving the day, it's unconfirmed at the moment but looks like he's saved a few quid by ordering in $ instead of €

so we've got 67 copies of the book arriving by priority mail hopefully in the not too distant future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If there is any extra to be covered just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Thanks msn! I had planned to remain anon unless it went pear shaped, I've just nipped in for the easy bit while you've been through the mill with paypal all along.

So ok by way of visibility here are the order details:
    693C3962E5274595A0D44D55F5C689EC.jpg

The discount calculation isn't clear from the order, as msn explained there's a fiver profit on each copy for charity but I'm guessing that was set in euro so blurb are converting to dollars for the order.

msn saw in euro that the order should come in at €2,375.18, the dollar order being $2,842.38 blurb seem to be giving $1.1967 per €1 while xe.com market estimate is $1.4845 per €1. The cc will take a cut but it'll be nowhere near that bad.

My only worry now is if they ship from the states instead of the Netherlands even though it's coming to Ireland, the irony being I did this to get around paypals delaying, fingers crossed folks...

sorry, didn't mean to out you :o

I don't see there being a problem with shipping, it says 3-5 days and when i went through a mock order it said they'd be ready to ship on or before the 16th which is a monday, so going by that we've got a week surplus even if their production and shipping takes the maximum time they've specified

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

whens the launch night guys and will the order be here by then?

november 28th and I expect the order will arrive with plenty of time to spare

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    sorry, didn't mean to out you :o

I don't see there being a problem with shipping, it says 3-5 days and when i went through a mock order it said they'd be ready to ship on or before the 16th which is a monday, so going by that we've got a week surplus even if their production and shipping takes the maximum time they've specified
    Good stuff, the order says on or before the 16th so we should be fine, though I'm the sort that won't breathe a sigh of relief until they're delivered in perfect cond and counted...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have the Launch 100% booked now.

Will post news elsewhere.

Excellent news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

As posted on the 1st Nov :
    So......my order is placed, €47.94 incl shipping, ship date 9th Nov.
    /taps toes in anticipation......

Toes not tapping anymore, book just arrived ! :eek::p
    /puts on kettle, makes tea, sits down, enjoys new shiny book :)

Well done everybody ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Ooooh!!! Mine was ordered on Nov 2nd and shipped on Friday... Can't wait!

It might be a nice idea to post a review or endorsement on blurb page it might entice a few non boardsies to purchase the book especially as it is No 2 on the best sellers list today.

• Advertisement

we're 2nd in the best sellers list :)

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/popular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

democrates wrote: »
    Good stuff, the order says on or before the 16th so we should be fine, though I'm the sort that won't breathe a sigh of relief until they're delivered in perfect cond and counted...

ah so the group buy went ahead and all is good?

^^yup order should be arriving by 21st at the latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Good stuff I saw the charge on my CC bill yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I was very slow off the mark on this one (my internet time has been severely curtailed lately:() but delighted to order my 2 copies today.

blurb group order is still 'processing'. I'm checking twice daily and will update here when there's progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

gary82 wrote: »
    Just ordered a copy there myself! Looking forward to it!

Book arrived today! Unfortunately I can't comment on the quality or anything as I haven't seen it yet and won't be home again until mid December!!

EDIT: Was just onto the parents and they're impressed... might order another couple as gifts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Well done everybody, great shots, and excellent work by those who organised etc. My copy arrived yeaterday, ordered separately just over a week ago, as I know I won't make the launch. Came from the Netherlands, used the regular post option for delivery.

Group Buy order shipped today by FedEx :)

Tracking no. not in their online system yet it takes up to 24hrs, but even if it's coming from the US instead of the Netherlands it should be here in plenty of time.

UPDATE Fri 13th: Has left the netherlands, est delivery 18th.

• Advertisement

Order delivered and counted up, all present and correct (37 softback + 30 hardcover imagewrap). :)

Unsealed my one and I'm delighted with it, well done to all it's a fab collection of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Received my hard-cover and two soft copies the other day. Very happy with it.

Any numbers on sales to date?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

87 copies sold, two "pending" - not sure what that means.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    87 copies sold, two "pending" - not sure what that means.
    From http://blurb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/blurb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=308
    A "sale" has two states. The first is "pending", while the book is being produced. The second state is "completed", when the book has shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So how do we get our hands on these, do we pick them up at the launch? Possible stupid question I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

So how do we get our hands on these, do we pick them up at the launch? Possible stupid question I know.

Or what if people can't make the launch, can they pick them up beforehand?

• Advertisement

yup pick them up at the launch :)
    kensutz wrote: »
    Or what if people can't make the launch, can they pick them up beforehand?

if people can't make it then let me know and I'll try to make arrangements for them to collect their book after the launch

Advertisement