Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English HL 2010 Poets! and Wuthering Heights

Options
  • 20-10-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey swats (lol)
    so, anyone have any definate predictions for poets this year?
    My teacher has sworn by Eliot as hes not on the LC course for the next few yrs lol
    Share ur info peeps!!!

Also any WH predictions?
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What do you mean by any, "Wuthering Heights" predictions?

I presume that you are doing that as part of your comparative.

And I agree, I think Eliot will come up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

My teacher is betting on Kavanagh, but obviously there are no guarantees!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

His poetry is so confusing :( hope Eavan Boland and Patrick Kavanagh come up too because they are the only others i've done. My english class is really behind we've only done one of our comparatives aswel. I've taken to doing things myself.
    But nope no predictions..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

If she's looking for predictions, it must be the single text. It's not going to be easy to predict. Go back over the papers and find similar single text novels e.g. Pride & Prejudice and look at the questions. There is usually a character question and a theme question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

I have a feeling Kavanagh is going to come up. He hasn't come up in the past few years, I think the last time may have been 2004, and my exam papers go up to 2001 and I think he's only there once. I think Boland will come up too, seeing as Rich came up in 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Betting on Yeats, its his anniversary this coming year 2010. And what better way to celebrate his anniversary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

Wuthering Heights is my single text. Im just wondering cause my teacher said Edgar Linton might be thrown in ....anyone doing wuthering heights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Yea we've been told Kavanagh, Yeats, Boland and Eliot will come up, but not to rule out Longley cos he's 70 this year so they might put him in to throw us off...

NightOwl91 wrote: »
    Wuthering Heights is my single text. Im just wondering cause my teacher said Edgar Linton might be thrown in ....anyone doing wuthering heights?

Can't imagine Edgar Linton coming up on his own. Maybe a comparison between him and Heathcliff? Make sure you know your notes on each of the main characters so you are prepared for any eventuality!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Walcott is apparently a definate no anyway so we can rule him out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

In regards to the lovely-oh-so-obsessive-confusing-everyone-dies-in-this Wuthering Heights :D I mean, Ive barely any notes as such just ones dedicated to specific questions. But , what can I be doing, other than learning off character sketches etc to get me the A in Wuthering Heights single text? Obviously learn off quotes and all but, what could I be doing early on to catch the curveball in June? Like, no matter what question comes up, Ill still be able to answer it.. :rolleyes:

NightOwl91 wrote: »
    But , what can I be doing, other than learning off character sketches etc to get me the A in Wuthering Heights single text? Obviously learn off quotes and all but, what could I be doing early on to catch the curveball in June? Like, no matter what question comes up, Ill still be able to answer it.. :rolleyes:

The role of the supernatural? Theme of obsessive love? Importance of the setting? If your notes are on specific questions, learn off the structure of those questions.

Advertisement