Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pricing wallpapering job

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

how much would i expect to be charged per linear foot to prepare and hang wallpaper in a standard 8' room. west of ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Linear foot!!....Just expect to be charged per roll. Normally a roll is half a meter in width and 10meters in length. So if you have no pattern you should get just 4 lengths a roll.If its a matching pattern/drop pattern you would probably get 3 lengths to a roll....

I haven't done a papering job in many years but it was around 10 punts a roll to hang. Heard a few in the roaring times got 20/25euro a roll.....

Also when you say prepare the room, does this include stripping wallpaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yekim

wasn't sure how it got charged, but it will involve stripping old stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Look, if i were you I would strip walls yourself to save a few bob. Get every bit of paper off walls and sand it all down.

Obviously there is a radiator in room, so to make a good job of it, get it taken off to get at wallpaper behind it, but to honest if the paper hanger is good it won't stop him if you didn't get radiator taken down.

Advertisement