Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000-2009 - The Lost Decade?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

TWO Bob Dylan albums in their top 10? That pretty much destroys any intelligent analysis I may have given the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Beerbreath wrote: »
    TWO Bob Dylan albums in their top 10? That pretty much destroys any intelligent analysis I may have given the list.

I know what you mean, the Christmas album should've gotten in there too. :p

Being honest though, they're two excellent albums. IMO Modern Times is the best in the top ten. But my top ten would be completely different.

Anyone know how this list was made? Did a group of the magazines contributors just vote for albums? The top twenty could definitely do with a re-hash; in particular Amy Wino, LCD Soundsystem and Kate Bush should be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Kasabian....we're not worthy.

Ray La Montagne

both have kept me very musically satisfied. Therefore 00-09 was anything but a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

Notorious wrote: »
    I know what you mean, the Christmas album should've gotten in there too. :p

Being honest though, they're two excellent albums. IMO Modern Times is the best in the top ten. But my top ten would be completely different.

Anyone know how this list was made? Did a group of the magazines contributors just vote for albums? The top twenty could definitely do with a re-hash; in particular Amy Wino, LCD Soundsystem and Kate Bush should be out.

Oh, the two Dylan albums are indeed great, but it's a bit much to include them both in the TOP 10. It seems to suggest that Dylan was towering over everything this decade with not one, but TWO albums that bested everything outside their top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Beerbreath wrote: »
    Oh, the two Dylan albums are indeed great, but it's a bit much to include them both in the TOP 10. It seems to suggest that Dylan was towering over everything this decade with not one, but TWO albums that bested everything outside their top 10

Fair point, my friend. I don't know why, but I'm always curious to see how these lists pan out, even though usually they're a load of balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Although i believe their has been some amazing music this decade, so much of it has been from pre-noughties bands.

In the top 20 of that list 15 of the albums' artists were formed in the 20th century, which i think was the OP's point.

Not mad on this 80's revival as much of the poorer articles from that decade's pop, hip-hop, rock & metal is being used. I hope i don't remember this when i look back on the decade, i having a feeling though, i will remember the sheer volume of music and bands around (thank you internet) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My best things to come from 00's;

Pantera's "Reinventing The Steel"
    Lamb Of God
    Faith No More reunion
    Mastodon
    Some very good In Flames albums
    Damageplan (albeit in sad circumstances, short lived)
    Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow/Down III: Over The Under
    Couple of Tool albums
    Queens Of The Stone Age

But not alot else... The 80's and 90's were full of excellence though, same goes for the 60's and 70's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Uncut magazine - 150 Greatest albums of the Decade. Probably should've started a new thread, but anyway..

35 - Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

3 - Wilco A Ghost is Born

Just wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

a lot of the best stuff i know from the 70/80's was by all accounts a lot harder to come by at the time, john peel and probably somebody else dug through the s***e (and there was as much then as now) in the 70's/80's to find the classics later eulogised in various compilations that people listen to now. do the same in your own time. you lazy etc..

*currently listening to Future of the Left - Travels With Myself and Another* the 00's sound fine to me.

Advertisement