Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Designer needed!!

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

UCD American Football is looking for someone to build a website for them. If interested leave a comment below.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

not me but I know someone who can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 UCD-Runningback

Is he in UCD? and is he looking for big bucks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 UCD-Runningback

or she sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

How soon do you need it? I'd be happy enough to do that for you but im a tiny bit swamped with essays at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

the person I was initially thinking of isnt in UCD - but wont charge an arm and a leg......as a bonus - invite me along to sometime to do a squad photoshoot before a game sometime and I'll cover the first one for free (and give you a CD of images to throw up on website)

Ps. I'm a professional photographer.

EDIT: My photoshoot offer is valid - no matter who you get to do the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Why not do it yourselves: http://sites.google.com

You can have something decent and free up and running in an hour or two, more than sufficient for a UCD club starting off. Unless you have a friendly contact, expect to pay several hundred euros for a website (thats cheap), plus an annual hosting fee, plus name registration costs.

For example: http://www.cnoc.ie/ or http://sites.google.com/site/sierradeguarra2009/ - These only took 1-2 hours to setup, and anyone with half a brain and a google account can update them. (e.g. - if you can use facebook or word, you can update the site)

I'll even walk you through it (for free) some time, if you get a few committee members together. PM me, and we can organise a time that suits (I'm in UCD every Wednesday evening, but I can also meet up around lunchtime - I work in Sandyford.... All we need is a laptop and an internet connection)

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

What sort of website are you after? A brochure site with static content and a few (3-5) pages? Or are you after more of a Content Management System (CMS) where you have a templated website with editable areas where you can add/edit text, pictures, pages etc? (Good for keeping website change costs down)

Are there any technical requirements? i.e. is it pure html, or php/apache, asp.net... etc?

Is there artwork/photos available or is it all to be created from scratch?

It's a bit of a broad request, and a few more details would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I know someone who could do one for you and won't charge an arm and a leg. They did the rifle club website two years ago (i.e. not the current one) and looked really good and professional, and clearly laid out. And they're also a photographer, too, if you needed pictures taken!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Sorry, youre getting a lot of specific info so i thought id better update. I could build a CMS for you for comparatively very little if you liked(i could use the cash tbh). As for photos i have a good camera but im not professional photographer like the posts above me so looks like you have a few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

If UCD-Runningback comes back to this thread and has more info, feel free to PM me. I'm not a regular viewer in here but can offer more advice or services if interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement