Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin cash games: Thursday -- advice sought

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Quite possibly up there this coming Thursday and was wondering where to go to play?

I'm undecided as to whether to play a MTT first and then sit into a cash game, or travel later and go straight into cash.

What advice would the local punters have, say on 1-2 PLO games? Or R.O.E.? Anywhere but the Aquarium, since I was think they've a shoddy attitude towards customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Big PLO game out in Celbridge on Thursday nights by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Too far out for me, but good to know.

www.getonmyhorse.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

lee_arama wrote: »
    love the link its class real lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

love the link its class real lol
    Jesus that sounds like Editors new "sound".

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Even though it runs less regularly than it used to, the only place you would have a chance of getting a 1/2 PLO game in Dublin on a thursday is the Fitz I'd say. Holdem starts from 7 every evening, but Omaha is variable when it gets going. Games are far less good than they used to be though, as in less dosh at the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Where does the best 1-2 PLO game run on a Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭nut nut

lee_arama wrote: »
    Quite possibly up there this coming Thursday and was wondering where to go to play?

I'm undecided as to whether to play a MTT first and then sit into a cash game, or travel later and go straight into cash.

What advice would the local punters have, say on 1-2 PLO games? Or R.O.E.? Anywhere but the Aquarium, since I was think they've a shoddy attitude towards customers.

celbridge have a good game and make ya feel welcome there wednesday 5/10 live plo is prob one of the best in dublin and only 20 mins from the city but if u dont wanna travel then id go wiyh the fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would the IWF being on this weekend dilute the cash action a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Not adverse to some thinning of the field somewhat... I've a good record in the Fitz but will likely be under-rolled for my usual game, so still debating travel times vs games available.

Might well end up back at my hotel conked by midnight too; up bright and early for my team's assault on Ray D'Arcy's All Ireland Quiz trophy. </brag>

Advertisement