Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Manchester United Sunday 26th oct 2009 2.00pm (Mod note - #967)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Pool deserved the win, we were **** and they played pretty well.

Ref was ****ing terrible though but that cant take away from our ****e performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

We badly need some top midfielders and a top goalscorer. Berbatov is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Big losers here= Liverpool. Another year of that **** manager called Benitez:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Paleface wrote: »
    Not sure what game you were watching. Liverpool deserved to win. I'm a neutral.

because they had the players on the park to do so

the point is they should have been down to 9 men

it's not complicated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Paleface wrote: »
    Not sure what game you were watching. Liverpool deserved to win. I'm a neutral.
    Of course they did,they were the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ntlbell wrote: »
    robbed.

Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

titan18 wrote: »
    United were crap today.Liverpool were crap but were better than United.Ref was a disgrace.

liverpool played excellent in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Don't ya just hate it when the opposition score in added extra injury time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Fair play to Liverpool.

What we were thinking when we went to a team who've been playing shíte football who had something to prove and then deciding to sit back I just don't know.

Lucas was very good.

Four four two does not work unless the two central midfielders are basically nothing but bundles of energy and that wasn't the case today.

Have to say fair play to most of the good sports on here, its refreshing to see UTD fans, considering the rivalry, congratulating. Also especially considering some questionable decision, although iv only read about em on BBC sport!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And you might have a valid point if you didn't throw in the 'as usual'.

Makes it sound like you always get robbed at Anfield. Do you?

so you agree we're robbed today.

that's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Get serious NTL

Three covering defenders for liverpool on the yellow. There was no way that was a red, any one of them could have gotten across and ensured that it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity. Vidic was last man and could have gotten a straight red but nobody is complaining about that.

Carragher should have been booked before that though so it would have been his 2nd yellow.Both should have been straight reds imo.Also,Lucas not getting booked it ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL at blaming the ref to be honest. It wasn't the ref's fault United were second best all over the pitch today. No complaints from me, fair play to Liverpool, well deserved their win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Carragher should have gone. You can usually tell a lot from a player's reaction and he knew he should have gotten a red. He was the last man.

Having said that I don't think a big deal should be made out of it as I don't think United were good enough on the day. Bit like Liverpool last week and the beach ball.

So I hope Fergie doesn't make a big issue out of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Muppet wrote: »
    I'm off to shoot myself

If you're anything like our strikers today, you'll probably miss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

We are well and truly BACK after that one. Lightyears ahead of what we've seen over the last few weeks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Nice win. Positive display, formation seemed to surprise utd and attacking side they picked couldn't cope. That midfield from utd aren't up to playing against the bigger sides imo. Lucas my man of the match, broke everything up and got forward well, putting in Kuyt and Ngog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

so you agree we're robbed today.

that's fine.

I never said that.

I merely addressed the bitter otne of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

enough of the enoughness

Lucas was good imo!
    people say he isnt a defmid, he isnt an attacking mid so what is he?

well he is a centre midfielder! thay are supposed to be a mix of all things
    too many people (including an awful lot of the media) seem to have spent way to much time on football manager

that is all!:)

Premiership winning teams dont act like theve just won it in October. Morans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Liverpool deserved winners. Thought they were very compact and Carragher had an excellent game considering his dodgy from of late. Took their chance when it came along, United struggled to create much. Had spells but Pool's defence was resolute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Liverpool wanted that win much more than United. Totally deserved to win. Carragher should have been sent off.

Vidic and Ferdinand were very poor. VDS made that 2nd goal very easy for Ngog. United passing was so poor. Nani actually did well when he came on.

Gutted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sounness - Ferdinand and Vidic were just frightened of Torres. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Epic performance from the Pool. Thoroughly deserved. Their hunger and work rate far exceeded United's and that is what won them the game. Absolutely delighted for Benitez. :D. Silenced the critics today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Best team won. More passion from Liverpool. Utd looked terrible today. Ref got all decisions correct. Neutral here.

elshambo wrote: »
    enough of the enoughness

Lucas was good imo!
    people say he isnt a defmid, he isnt an attacking mid so what is he?

well he is a centre midfielder! thay are supposed to be a mix of all things
    too many people (including an awful lot of the media) seem to have spent way to much time on football manager

that is all!:)
    Lucas was great today, worked his socks off, never gave United's players a second on the ball.

Carrick, sadly, was exposed again today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    robbed ?????? what was the score? Great to see the sc*m get some of their own treatment.
    In any event its a non-event as the league is Chelskis to lose and Arsenals to win. None of the two teams today will win it - they are simply not good enough. They'll have to concentrate on winning cups.
    So does this now mean that liverpool play better as a team when Gerrard isn't there - the rest have room to express themselves and play together?????
    reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Get serious NTL

Three covering defenders for liverpool on the yellow. There was no way that was a red, any one of them could have gotten across and ensured that it was not a clear goalscoring opportunity. Vidic was last man and could have gotten a straight red but nobody is complaining about that.

it was a red. there was a clear route between Owen and the goal. The fact the defenders 'may' have gotten across makes no difference, United were denied a clear goal scoring opportunity and it should have been a straight red.

so should Vidic's, exact same story. Red was the correct punishment according to the rule book.

the ref had a shocker tbh.

But at the end of the day, it didn't make a difference. Liverpool were by far the better team, particularly in the second half. Well done Pool!

Now come on Arsenal and make it a great weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This_is_Anfield.jpg

This manager and team produces their best stuff when they are counted out. Awesome, awesome stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

In any event its a non-event as the league is Chelskis to lose and Arsenals to win.

LOL
    None of the two teams today will win it - they are simply not good enough. They'll have to concentrate on winning cups.

This certainly isnt true for Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

because they had the players on the park to do so

the point is they should have been down to 9 men

it's not complicated

You're right. It's not!! You just like to make it so.

Liverpool were the better team. They wanted it more. The deserved to win.

• Advertisement

Shaneomac wrote: »

Was Kevin there? Didnt seen him:p

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This_is_Anfield.jpg

This manager and team produces their best stuff when they are counted out. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Told ye. My regards to those who poured scorn on my prediction.:D

This_is_Anfield.jpg

Even with this win you're still counted out. ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Carragher should have gone. You can usually tell a lot from a player's reaction and he knew he should have gotten a red. He was the last man.
    HE was complaining because Owen pulled him into him and bounced off him when Carra pulled back

Owen was running away from goal
    YELLOW card or free out!
    Never a red!

Football is always better when viewed with both eyes open
    So I hope Fergie doesn't make a big issue out of it.

A givin im afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

reported.

Sore loser

Get serious NTL

i never said he should have seen red he should have got two yellows = sending off?

+ masch = 9 men

can i clear up anything else?

Is that like Kevin Moran? Or a Ronnie Moran?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Liverpool were the better team, deserved to win.

Carragher should have been sent off for the Owen foul, could have been sent off for persistant fouling earlier. Mascherano should have been off way earlier for persistent fouling and mouthing at the ref. Torres goes down unreal easily(Yes, so does Rooney).

Vidic seriously has to get that 4-1 at OT out of his head.

LOL at Carragher not admitting the foul.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Sore loser
    I've already said Liverpool were worthy winners. So, er, move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Disgraceful performance from Utd. Arguably VDS is the only person who broke sweat today in the Utd side.

Playing scholes ahead of someone who can tackle like Anderson was a farcical decsion by Fergie.

United (sadly) didnt deserve a full time cup of tea after that spineless display.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

i never said he should have seen red he should have got two yellows = sending off?

+ masch = 9 men

can i clear up anything else?

Clutching at straws here. Liverpool fully deserved the win.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Is that like Kevin Moran? Or a Ronnie Moran?:confused:

As in idiots. Judge the pool in May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well done LIVERPOOL
    As much as it hurts to say
    Totally deserved on that 2nd half performance , Great team effort , Torres is just a class act , Showed more hunger and passion .
    Utd never turned up in the 2nd half , No thats fair, UTD where not allowed turn up
    Enjoy.... see ye in Old Trafford

I am off to kick the s**t out of the Dog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Disaster

Reminds me of last season

When we only won the league :(

Bit of advice: don't watch Liverpool v United in the Cuckoo's Nest

Good match though

You still dont get it?! Oh the irony.. Epic fail..

This_is_Anfield.jpg

but never reach the top

THIS IS UNITED

img_10_23926_7376.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Liverpool may have been the team on the losing run but anybody who has seen Utd play in the league recently shouldnt really surprised by this, they have been poor since the turn of the month.

I had to laugh when I saw Pool were almost 2/1 to win today :eek:

Even better value was Vidic to get sent off at 8/1!

You'd think if someone was going to throw insults around they'd have the sense to spell the word right. Otherwise they just end up lookin kinda silly.:D

facepalm1.jpg

but never reach the top

THIS IS UNITED

Ha, you mean was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

There is one positive to take from the game, the result might Keep Rafa At Pool for a bit longer.

Advertisement