Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Manchester United Sunday 26th oct 2009 2.00pm (Mod note - #967)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ntlbell wrote: »
    i never said he should have seen red he should have got two yellows = sending off?

+ masch = 9 men

can i clear up anything else?

you should support everton coz your coming across as childish and bitter in the last few pages iv read.

utd were not good enough to win today. simple.

carra and vdiic made the same offense and both got the same punishment (yellow)

why is it an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Had €50 on Liverpool at just under 2/1:)

2/1 at home?????

Gotta love the bookies sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

prendy wrote: »
    you should support everton coz your coming across as childish and bitter in the last few pages iv read.

utd were not good enough to win today. simple.

carra and vdiic made the same offense and both got the same punishment (yellow)

why is it an issue?

because carra made numerous tackles that deserved a yellow and got one?

is it really that hard to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

U'd swear pool won the league the way they were celebrating !!!..pool average side with an average squad...utd were awful on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Painful to watch liverpool win. They deserved it, they worked and pressed harder than I have seen them do this season.

I take solace in the fact that liverpool wont play like that against the little guys and will throw away these 3 points.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Jesus Rafa got it so right today. So so so right.

Best team won for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No denying Liverpool were the better team today. None. United were utterly outclassed in midfield, as expected by many. Carrick was woeful and Scholes wasn't much better. Why Anderson wasn't brought on I've utterly no idea, but Hargreaves or Fletcher woulda made a huge difference.

3 points dropped which is the worst thing, Chelsea regaining their lead. Knocking Liverpool utterly out of the race woulda been nice, but Chelsea are the team to keep up with right now, and we've dropped opints on them. Lets hope Liverpool can take points off them next time too.

Aside from the fact that United were ****e, we held into the game quite well and Liverpool weren't able to finish. One chance came to Torres and he finished it off. However I'm deeply pissed off at the ref. Shocking game utterly favouring every 50-50 to the home side.
    Evra gets booked for persistant fouling after 2 fouls, one of which Torres fell over him [wouldn't call it a dive since Torres didn't even claim for it].
    Vidic was right to get sent off, no doubt, shocking amount of fouls. But Carragher shoulda been sent off 3 -4 minutes before hand. Not in a straight red, but because he had been bloody fouling the whole game.
    Mascherano eventually gets sent off after what must of been 7-8 fouls. Yet Berbatov gets booked for absolutely nothing. Utterly weird performance. But can't take away from Liverpool being the better team on the day, just think if the ref had been more consistant, we might have unjustifiably nicked something.

United now 2 points behind the leaders, 4 points ahead of Liverpool, potentially 2 points behind Arsenal. Lets hope they slip up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Carragher should have gone. You can usually tell a lot from a player's reaction and he knew he should have gotten a red. He was the last man.

Having said that I don't think a big deal should be made out of it as I don't think United were good enough on the day. Bit like Liverpool last week and the beach ball.

So I hope Fergie doesn't make a big issue out of it.
    He will not go on about the ref, seeing he is going to a hearing this week. But, the ref was a mess, where is Webb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If fergie doesnt take the blame for that defeat I'll be on the next plane over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Oh and to the UTD fans here.

Can we maintain a bit of class please? Just remember its a one off game, that wont win you titles. Let Pool fans have their moment and if they want to get carried away let them, they just beat their fiercest rivals.

We will be there come May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So you's were robbed? This is what you're saying, is it? You's deserved to win the match, but the ref ****ed you's over and cost you three points???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

There should have been at least 3 more yellows for Liverpool today.

Carragher should have been sent off.

united still would have lost today after that happened, but it doesn't make it the right decision.

Liverpool were excellent today, really controlled the centre of the park and got under Uniteds skin. united didn't play well, but in fairness they weren't allowed to.

these games are more and more becoming a reverse of the 80's when Liverpool swept all before them over the course of a season but couldn't beat United. If the pool could get some consistency like last season they'll be right up there at the end of the year, one swallow does not a season make though :)

it must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

How Carragher and Lucas stayed in the field simply astounds me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Liverpool were the better team by far unfortunately. :(

United looked devoid of anything when they went behind which is worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

liverpool deserved the win

regarding utd

what a ****ing shocking performance, utd came to anfield just for a draw.
    Berba should be shot after that disgraceful performance by him, he's getting right auld attitude problem and I would like to see him dropped tbh

the Ref was one of the biggest homers iv ever seen, the amount of tackles lucas and Mascherano got away with was unreal (before masch's first yellow)and not giving a red card to carragher was laughable.

Vidic was right to be sent off thou

Nani would drive anyone to drink and carrick pfft iv no time for him anymore.
    oshea and valencia isnt going to work, oshea is a great defender but just not great attacking RB, we need to get raf back to match fitness.

kenon wrote: »
    Painful to watch liverpool win. They deserved it, they worked and pressed harder than I have seen them do this season.

I take solace in the fact that liverpool wont play like that against the little guys and will throw away these 3 points.

It's the little guys that we've been sweeping aside this season. The bigger teams is where we've had our problems so it's a huge win today!!!

curry-muff wrote: »
    How Carragher and Lucas stayed in the field simply astounds me :confused:

lucas??

he made alot of tackles, none reckless.

carrick should be just getting out of his pocket about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

UTD fans here are letting themselves down. Claiming the ref cost you the match is laughable. Liverpool deserved the win. Learn to lose well and you might just learn to win well. Stop the whinging about the ref and look at the real problem, your lack of a midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Iago wrote: »
    There should have been at least 3 more yellows for Liverpool today.

Carragher should have been sent off.

united still would have lost today after that happened, but it doesn't make it the right decision.

Liverpool were excellent today, really controlled the centre of the park and got under Uniteds skin. united didn't play well, but in fairness they weren't allowed to.

these games are more and more becoming a reverse of the 80's when Liverpool swept all before them over the course of a season but couldn't beat United. If the pool could get some consistency like last season they'll be right up there at the end of the year, one swallow does not a season make though :)

Hopefully they can kick on from this.

First big team to beat this season. Beating United is always sweet but to do it after so many writing us off is class. We've been beating the weaker teams well, unlike last season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's the little guys that we've been sweeping aside this season. The bigger teams is where we've had our problems so it's a huge win today!!!

I love how that alternates every season :) At some point you know, you need to do both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

lucas??

he made alot of tackles, none reckless.

carrick should be just getting out of his pocket about now.

At least 4 of his tackles were yellow card offences to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Fergie in 'no complaints shocker'

"All in all Liverpool were the better team, had the better chances and I've got no complaints."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Headshot wrote: »
    liverpool deserved the win

regarding utd

what a ****ing shocking performance, utd came to anfield just for a draw.
    Berba should be shot after that disgraceful performance by him, he's getting right auld attitude problem and I would like to see him dropped tbh

the Ref was one of the biggest homers iv ever seen, the amount of tackles lucas and Mascherano got away with was unreal (before masch's first yellow)and not giving a red card to carragher was laughable.

Vidic was right to be sent off thou

Nani would drive anyone to drink and carrick pfft iv no time for him anymore.
    oshea and valencia isnt going to work, oshea is a great defender but just not great attacking RB, we need to get raf back to match fitness.

Utd have been crap all season so far, scraping wins against bad teams. Feel we are going backwards. Fergie has bought crap in the past few years and selling our best players. Wouldnt bother me too much if he retired at the end of the season tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fergie in 'no complaints shocker'

"All in all Liverpool were the better team, had the better chances and I've got no complaints."

:eek:

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Oh and to the UTD fans here.

Can we maintain a bit of class please? Just remember its a one off game, that wont win you titles. Let Pool fans have their moment and if they want to get carried away let them, they just beat their fiercest rivals.

We will be there come May.

Who'a getting carried away?? We're happy with the win, yeah. Huge win cos you could imagine the headlines tomorrow if we lost!!!

All that's happened in this thread is NTLBell sh!ting on as usual about the ref robbing Utd, someone else calling Liverpool sc*m and a great contribution to LuckyLloyd's picture of Anfield, calling it a kip!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who'a getting carried away?? We're happy with the win, yeah. Huge win cos you could imagine the headlines tomorrow if we lost!!!

All that's happened in this thread is NTLBell sh!ting on as usual about the ref robbing Utd, someone else calling Liverpool sc*m and a great contribution to LuckyLloyd's picture of Anfield, calling it a kip!!!!

Not to mention ShaneOMac's spectacular contribution.:pac:

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Utd have been crap all season so far, scraping wins against bad teams. Feel we are going backwards. Fergie has bought crap in the past few years and selling our best players. Wouldnt bother me too much if he retired at the end of the season tbh

GTFO

DSB wrote: »
    At least 4 of his tackles were yellow card offences to be fair.

4?
    lol...just lol

you must expect 100's of yellows in the PL every week.

he didnt get a yellow coz although he gave away a few frees none were reckless. to state otherwise shows a lack of football knowledge.4 lol:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "All in all Liverpool were the better team, had the better chances and I've got no complaints."

Gracious from Ferguson. Fair play.

Great performance from Pool today.
    Yes, Carra should have been sent off probably, but i still think we'd have held on.
    Carra had his best performance of the season, Benny was terrific and i thought Lucas was the stand out CM out there today.

However, this result is no good if we don't follow it up next week.
    Still delighted for Rafa and the lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

thegen wrote: »
    UTD fans here are letting themselves down. Claiming the ref cost you the match is laughable. Liverpool deserved the win. Learn to lose well and you might just learn to win well. Stop the whinging about the ref and look at the real problem, your lack of a midfield.

I think you'll find the majority of us have accepted we didn't merit the win. :rolleyes:

Fergie post-match:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

What cost United the match was how bad they played. Liverpool played fantastic and it always sickens me to the stomach when they beat united. Did anyone else notice how reticent United were to actually shoot? It seemed they would just dither and pass it around, right in the box sometimes, until Liverpool were on top of them.

Very disappointing.

Better than sex

Good game.

PHB wrote: »
    I love how that alternates every season :) At some point you know, you need to do both!

Don't i just!!!

I think you'll find the majority of us have accepted we didn't merit the win. :rolleyes:

Fergie post-match:

In fairness the majority of UTD fans have said they were robbed. I did not say anything about Ferguson. At least he admits they came up short today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The pettyness from the United fans on here is ridculous and the majority of the crap spouted about the ref is purely to sh!t stir and rile the pool fans in to an argument.

FFS have some dignity , we lost because we are awful, we were found out today, are midfield is joke, along with certain other aspects of the team, most notably Berbatov.

In fairness the majority of UTD fans have said they were robbed. I did not say anything about Ferguson. At least he admits they came up short today.

quote those majority fans please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Absolute ridiculous post. Don't even know where to begin with that rubbish. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

simpsons.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Chong wrote: »
    FFS have some dignity , we lost because we are awful, we were found out today, are midfield is joke, along with certain other aspects of the team, most notably Berbatov.

Yeah he's sh*te sell that waster what a lazy waste of money rabble rabble rabble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "All in all Liverpool were the better team, had the better chances and I've got no complaints."

Gracious from Ferguson. Fair play.

Great performance from Pool today.
    Yes, Carra should have been sent off probably, but i still think we'd have held on.
    Carra had his best performance of the season, Benny was terrific and i thought Lucas was the stand out CM out there today.

However, this result is no good if we don't follow it up next week.
    Still delighted for Rafa and the lads

Says something about the man, huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

BRING ON YER MANCHESTER UNITED!

United were TERRIBLE! Liverpool stepped up and raped them once again, hope this sparks a good run of games now like it did last year.

GET THE **** IN!!!!!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I must be reading a different thread? Most comments I've read from United fans have congratulated Pool on the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah he's sh*te sell that waster what a lazy waste of money rabble rabble rabble
    The lad just seems dis-interested and lazy, he has the touch 95% of the time of a magician but doesnt do anything worthwhile with the ball. He miss places passes continually in anticipation of other members of team being on his wavelength when they clearly aren't.

4?
    lol...just lol

you must expect 100's of yellows in the PL every week.

he didnt get a yellow coz although he gave away a few frees none were reckless. to state otherwise shows a lack of football knowledge.4 lol:rolleyes:

Even if they weren't yellows, you do know (with all your football knowledge) that persistent fouling is a yellow?

I must be reading a different thread? Most comments I've read from United fans have congratulated Pool on the win.

I know im still waiting for thegen to answer to my previous post

edit

if berba ran, he'd have a stroke, that's what i think of berba today, giving out to Nani the other day and now valenica, the man should be looking at himself for his awful performances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Chong wrote: »
    The lad just seems dis-interested and lazy, he has the touch 95% of the time of a magician but doesnt do anything worthwhile with the ball. He miss places passes continually in anticipation of other members of team being on his wavelength when they clearly aren't.

They weren't today, they have been for the majority of the season. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath-water, Berbatov has been our most creative player this season.

Doesn't do anything worthwhile with the ball, gimme a break...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Utd have been crap all season so far, scraping wins against bad teams. Feel we are going backwards.

Utd have been getting worse and worse over the last few seasons.
    Their style of football has gradually become more and more negative too especially away in Europe.
    Ferguson's first priority now in big games is not to concede a goal and hope that he can nick a win .
    That was fine when Ronaldo was singlehandedly winning games and the more Utd relied on Ronaldo the more negative they became.

I cant recall one decent attempt on goal today by United ,they were toothless ,bereft of attacking ideas,happy just to sit back and play for their draw.
    Vidic and Ferdinand were like tool old women trying to mark Torres,they hadnt a clue .
    Scholes is finished,great player in his time but his legs are gone .

United always had a tradition of playing good attacking football but that is disappearing.
    Dare I say it but they have become a bore to watch .

Headshot wrote: »
    quote those majority fans please ?

Apologies Headshot, you are correct. It is not the majority but the minority. Even still the lads admitting Liverpool were better have to throw in the refs performance.

Dave! wrote: »

Berbatov was terrible today. Absolutely and undeniably terrible.

He was lazier than he was at any stage last season, he was pissy, he didnt battle.

He didnt want to know. Disgraceful performance from him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement