Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Manchester United Sunday 26th oct 2009 2.00pm (Mod note - #967)

Comments

On holiday in japan and cant find anywhere thats showing this. Came back to the hotel and cant get any of the feckin streams working cos the free PC in the lobby is a piece of sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Johnson crosses to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

podge018 wrote: »
    you're a terrible fan.

What makes you say that? That I can recognise somebody who is yet to fulfill the potential he was touted for? Anyway, please play nice eh podge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

On holiday in japan and cant find anywhere thats showing this. Came back to the hotel and cant get any of the feckin streams working cos the free PC in the lobby is a piece of sh1t.
    ''Oh noes, I'm in Japan on holiday, oh woe is me''

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who is the better team so far?

• Advertisement

Rio should try that more often.

Great :( Yossi stinks.

Liverpool are on top as much as any side is, better chances to open the scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

David Pleat really is useless, talking about flying saucers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Torres is the better team so far i'd say.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who is the better team so far?
    An File wrote:
    Liverpool definitely on top in the first third of the game.
    United really need to calm things down, but Torres and Kuyt are putting our back 4 under fierce pressure.
    Rooney and Berbatov being marked out of it (for the most part) up front.

Evra better be careful too.

Replace the word "third" with "half" and I think my post still sums things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah, i know how you feel!! I've been all over Dublin and not a single pub over here seem to be showing the big Sumo wrestling matches!!

• Advertisement

PENOOOOOOO (not given)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Berba gets his revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

insua getting caught for speed at the back

mike65 wrote: »
    PENOOOOOOO (not given)

Never, fifties I would say.

Things are heating up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lucas should be booked at this stage considering Berba and Evra have been booked.

That ref hasn't a clue!! He's gonna lose control of this match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

United playing sh*t.

Neither team happy with the ref (a good sign)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pleat - "Liverpool on points, though points mean nothing"

Wtf is he on? :confused:

• Advertisement

Why is torres getting away with diving constantly?Blatant is an understatement.
    I don't follow United or Liverpool.

Because he isn't diving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Xavi6 wrote: »

boxing analogy i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Liverpool are pressing very well all over the pitch. United are only getting a look in when they shift the ball very quickly before Liverpool get their two banks of four back in place.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

flahavaj wrote: »
    United playing sh*t.
    I don't think utd are playing shít, I just think L'pool are playing ever so slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

pints

monkey9 wrote: »
    Because he isn't diving!!
    I have him diving 4 times !I'd nearly make a youtube video. Your obviously a liverpool fan as you cannot see what i see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Liverpool with the better chances first half, United had better up their performance for ths second half.

Radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jaykay74 wrote: »
    boxing analogy i guess

I got that but it's a ridiculous one.

• Advertisement

Why is torres getting away with diving constantly?Blatant is an understatement.
    I don't follow United or Liverpool.
    Really?

He did catch his own leg on a run through but I cannot think of him diving any time apart from that (if you chose to include it).

Really?

He did catch his own leg on a run through but I cannot think of him diving any time apart from that (if you chose to include it).
    Liverpool fan? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liverpool had the better of that half, but Valencia is looking dangerous and as long as we can keep the clumbsey challenges to a minimum we can pinch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I got that but it's a ridiculous one.

Its not that outlandish a statement to be fair.

Is this going to be one of those half times?

I have him diving 4 times !I'd nearly make a youtube video. Your obviously a liverpool fan as you cannot see what i see.

So you've watched that first half and the main thing you've taken from it is Torres' 'blantant diving'????

You're like the presenters of Most Haunted or the Olympic officials doing gender tests on that South African athlete! Searching for something that isn't there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

flahavaj wrote: »
    United playing sh*t.

I wouldn't go as far as to say playing shìt. Rooney and Berba linking up well but it's all very isolated and we have generated very little quality possession imo. Carrick is adding very little to our build up play, just firing forward a few long balls, doesn't have the ability to get the ball down and play. Things could well get worse as Scholes tires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Torres isnt diving.

And no im not a Liverpool fan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Torres isn't diving, but he is going down at the slightest bit of contact. Just like a certain number 7 used to do for United. It's a continental thing.

Berbatov not having a great game.

monkey9 wrote: »
    So you've watched that first half and the main thing you've taken from it is Torres' 'blantant diving'????

You're like the presenters of Most Haunted or the Olympic officials doing gender tests on that South African athlete! Searching for something that isn't there!!

Do you want a match report??
    Here's my second half report.Torres gets a card for diving and united score 2 goals.

• Advertisement

Why the hell didn't Dirk shoot?? FFS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Do you want a match report??
    Here's my second half report.Torres gets a card for diving and united score 2 goals.
    Terrible reporting, second half has only started. Get a new career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Berbatov not having a great game.

that's getting a bit tiring.

i'm not his biggest fan, but he hasn't had much service today.

when he has lovley control drag back and great ball which rooney didn't bother busting a gut to get on the end of.

what has he done wrong exactly or is it just berba bashing for the sake of it?

The sound of those camera shutters in the background really beginning to piss me off!

ntlbell wrote: »

when he has lovley control drag back and great ball which rooney didn't bother busting a gut to get on the end of.

Yeah, there's nothing I love more.

I don't know what game you're watching, but he's had plenty of the ball and done sweet FA with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Liverpool should be winning this, United are not great at defending the ball and giving it away far to easily. Not much attack either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Evra looks knackered, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He keeps on giving the ball away with bad passes.The one to Valencia there,a pass to O'Shea a while ago and there have been a few others in the game.You can blame the players for not making the runs but he has to take some blame for it.

An average person has 60000 thoughts a day. Most of them are the same thoughts you had yesterday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Agreed, it really is all Liverpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement