Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

studio photography course?

• 21-10-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

just wondering guys if anyone new of a part time studio photography course that was running in dublin. i want to learn about lighting and portrait shooting but dont know where to look.
    THanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

institute of photography and the light exchange (both are 'i think' - memory is rusty)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Dublin Camera Club has a level 1 Studio lighting course starting in Nov,great club great set up great people ,You'd never guessed Ive just joined :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The best way to learn is to get stuck in and do some.

We do have a Studio at DCC.

Cost of Membership - €90/yr (+ €5 Joining fee)

Studio Course - Level I (Compulsary to use Studio) €15 (one night)

Keys to Building - €25 (after 3 months & application to Council)

If you wanted to get stuck in earlier than 3 months, then you can team up with another member who is allowed Studio use & use it with them. This would also show you how to get things set up & learn in a practical way. There are quite a few Boardsies who are also DCC Studio users. I have done this myself for a few here in the past.

**NOTE - As DCC is a Registered Charity the Studio is strictly for Non-Commercial use. The costs outlined above would probably buy you half a days use in a Commercial Studio.

Advertisement