Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung GT-S5600 Vodafone settings

• 21-10-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭

Got a GT-S5600 unlocked from 3 to move to Vodafone.
    However, can't seem to get Vodafone site to send down settings.

Can I get them anywhere to enter them manually?

Cheers,
    LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Thanks.

I knew they were there somewhere.

BTW, I had the S5600 unlocked which puts it back to the stndard Samsung firmware.

This knocks off the Facebook widgets among other things. However, there is a Java App called Snaptu that gives you Facebook and Twitter access back again.

LD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I have the same phone from three, may need to unlock it. How did u unlock/debrand it

FM Mobiles on Camden Street, D2. 15 yoyos. www.fmmobiles.ie
    However, the only way they can unlock it is to flash it back to the Samsung firmware, as opposed to the 3 Ireland one. That means that you lose all the specific widgets such as Facebook and Bebo.

So hence the Snaptu stuff to get all that back.

Cheers,
    LD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Thanks for that

one other question to see available widgets for the phone, its a case of connecting to thew web thru the phone, is there a way I can see what widgets are avail browsing the web using my PC, couldnt find any on samsung support site

• Advertisement

Sorry mate, that I don't know.
    I used the widget browser to see what was online but there wasn't a Facebook one there. There is an Irish Times one though, which is good.

LD

Advertisement