Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Ireland feed itself?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Not much to go on here, not least the pointless youtube link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

a communist video :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

I was hoping to have a discussion on the possibility of Ireland being self sufficient in the food production industry which would make us less reliant on imports and maybe even create and save a few jobs, but the music was nice and I hadn't heard that band before ,cheers. I havent been on boards for a while now and had forgotten that you need a thick skin to get a decent thread going:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not only a thick skin at times, even when posting clips from Kubanskie Kazaki [1] for what seems like little reason, but read the charter on starting threads with video links. There are certain requirements of those as well as my usual advice on threads that are to be successful generally requiring more than one sentence at the beginning.

Try starting a new thread on the topic and its implications with more of an effort to create a discussion (you're definitely welcome to do that), probably without the movie clip (please don't call it a "band", it makes me think you didn't realise what you were posting[2])

[1] Not that many care, but the 1969 version of Brothers Karamazov also directed by Ivan Pyryev 20 years later was better and didn't look like a salad advert.
    [2]Excerpt from Kubanskie Kazaki. Directed by Ivan Pyryev in 1949. Country of origin: USSR. Tickets sold: about 40 million, all in the USSR. Is the movie a Stalinist propaganda video? Er, of course it is. Even Eisenstein had to start by making propaganda movies, albeit better ones. Apparently featured as a clip in Michael Moore's Sicko (2007) which I haven't seen.

Of course, this isn't the Film board, it's the Irish Economy one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement