Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will today's boards.ie posts still be online in 50 years?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I was reading one of the other threads about anonymity and it got me thinking. If you make any kind of half-a$$ed attempt, you can see what them boardsies were discussing in After Hours exactly 10 years ago. So assuming this site stays around, in 10 years time you'll be able to do the same.

It's an odd thought due to the fact that the internet is a relatively new phenomenon but are you comfortable with the notion that in 50 years time your grandchildren will be able to search and see what their grandparents were up to back in the day. :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

See my post in the anonymity thread. There will be no boards in 10 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think it's quite cool.
    A record of how funny we all thought we were! Faptastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Not if they dont fix the bleedin' search function they wont..

I seriously cannot lurk anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The world will end before then, no need to worry about your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    (why move it, perhaps the title suggested it was a question for feedback but I reckon it's a suitable AH discussion? :confused:)
    To confuse your great great grandchildren.

• Advertisement

Did the OP say what you have him quoted as saying?
    Bah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The world will end before then, no need to worry about your posts.
    My board.ie posts are being transmitted wirelessly, and in addition to cyberspace, may be transmitted to outer space? So in a few million light years some interplanetary space researcher in the distant universe will receive my posts, and after decoding them, will conclude that no intelligent life exists on Earth?

I' have long suspected that your posts are from outer space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Did the OP say what you have him quoted as saying?
    Bah.

I did, but then I recalled seeing previous posts getting responses along the lines of "if you have a problem with a mod decision :blah blah blah."

Hopefully the guys in feedback will be able to consult their crystal ball and resolve this pressing issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I' have long suspected that your posts are from outer space.
    Shhhhhhhhhh, they will think me an alien and deport me!

EDIT: Oh oh... this thread was originally on AH and has been moved to Feedback. B!ue runs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I hope not.

SRS BUSINESS.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I think it's quite cool.
    A record of how funny we all thought we were! Faptastic! :D

It's actually not funny at all, imagine a 70 year old Mini, his grand kid walks in and says he Gramps, I was using Firefox 60.5 and I was searching your old posts on a website called "boards.ie", I read a post about some girl with ginger hair and a glass eye. I was just wondering, what's ginger hair? (It is my contention that Gingers will be wiped out in 50 years)

Yeah, that will make an interesting conversation!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Won't happen, because every child will know of the gingers, their recessive demise will be a national holiday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

This is not AH, back on topic if you would... or limited thread life.

This is not AH, back on topic if you would... or limited thread life.

Yes there seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this one. It actually was posted in AH but then some bright spark moved it to the more suitable feedback section where somehow there's a greater chance the question in the title will be resolved?

Does anybody know how to fix this????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How is this Feedback?

Ok, probably confusion caused by somebody reading a book by it's cover.
    Change thread title to "Grandpa, what's a fap?" and move back to AH?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Ok, probably confusion caused by somebody reading a book by it's cover.
    Change thread title to "Grandpa, what's a fap?" and move back to AH?

How about I just bin this one and you go make a second attempt at posting a thread in AH that will actually stay there? :)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    How about I just bin this one and you go make a second attempt at posting a thread in AH that will actually stay there? :)

Done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

EDIT: Misread the title.

that'd be cool :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement