Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant Boot into Bios

• 21-10-2009 2:04am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having a weird problem here. Installed Windows 7 there a few days ago and was able to get into my motherboards (Gigabyte P43) bios. Suddenly today I cant. I havent changed anything on my system whatsoever. Anytime I hit DEL to enter the bios, the pc restarts itself instead. It boots into Windows 7 perfectly and everythings smooth as butter.

Any ideas? Clearing the CMOS is the last thing I wanna do :rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thats certainly a strange one. Have you tried pressing F2 or F12 also to see if that works?
    Its an alternative route that some makers take.
    Strange...

I know Win 7 looks at your BIOS at validation time - but I seriously doubt Win 7 would/should deliberately make changes to your BIOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

does the del key work normally in windows, have you tried another keyboard? (clutching at straws a bit i know..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'd check to make sure that nothing has came loose in the pc.
    Make sure everything is seated correctly. If your not even getting to the BIOS then it's hardware related.

Edit: Sorry didn't read that correctly. The keyboard idea would be a good one to try. Failing that you might have to look at flashing the BIOS.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thanks for the replies guys.

i reseated everything, nothing

changed keyboard, still no luck.

thing is, the keyboard is definately being identified, as when i press del or f12 for boot screen, the pc resets, otherwise it boots into 7. :confused:

i'll have another look at it this morning before i flash the bios :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

My PC can be a bit fussy entering the Bios, so I just press and hold delete, tab & f2 at the bios screen and it seems to get me in...might be worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

fixed it.... turns out it was the usb hub i recently got that was preventing it from booting into bios :confused:

Advertisement