Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hypnotherapy & therapies for insomnia?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi guys

i had untill i saw this forum given up hope on anything helping me but im gonna give it a shot!

im just wondering if anyone has tried this or any alternatives! ive suffered for 8 years with chronic insomnia - i exercise nearly everyday but feel sometimes it makes it worse as my body is so full of adrenaline when i hit the sack, and not exercising is not a option im starting to compete in the sport i do and love but my body is at points ready to collapse with all the training with no sleep (collaspe with tiredness yet no sleeping happening!)

so ive tried everything natural you can buy or change none of it helps me they may help me relax but that does nothing to help me sleep

i have my "emergency supply" of prescription sleeping tablets i try to only take one a week but when they run out i wont get any more!!

i know the cause of the insomnia and went to a councilor which was rubbish did not help - i spent a horrendous amount of money on acupuncture which did not work at all!! its like my body rejects anything that can help!

my problem now is do i spend a load of money on another thing that wont work?! im also concerned about the long term effects aswell on my body - when i get sick i takes ages to shake it off because my body cant do its healing properly at night with me awake!!

so sorry this is kinda going into the tips thread for insomnia you have but hypnotherapy seems to be the last resort for me!! is there any other kind of therapies people have experienced that might help me?

any advice, comments would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gerw88

Same here! Well mostly... I do have my own stash of prescription sleeping tablets, but mostly my routine allows for my nocturnal-isms, so I don't fight it so much. I don't have the advice you are looking for, but I'd be very interested in seeing what you turn up...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Pebbles68

I went to a hypnotherapist in Dublin earlier this year. I posted his link here hoping for someone to reply with some info or share experiences. I didn't get any replies but i took the plunge. Best thing I ever did. My problem was the dreams that kept waking me, not insomnia I know but wow what an experience. The intro session was fantastic, ther was no charge and he answered all my questions, explained about hypnosis, the therapy and then told me to go away and think about it. The best thing I've ever done is go back:) the site is aidansloan.ie Best of luck. Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

thats great pebbles thanks ill have a look into this guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Hypnotherapy is great but I'd recommend NLP, it's faster, more effective and cheaper. I qualified as a therapist in both, so I know what I'm talking about, I'm not practising any more though.

Advertisement