Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hour (walk in) Shops In (or within a 5 mile radius) Dublin City?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Just back in from picking a few things up at the local garage here .. but just wondering are there any shops in Dublin City that you can actually walk into after midnight?

I sick of shopping at garages where you have to ask someone to walk around from the counter (while they sigh and give you dirty looks) and then have the embarrasment of having to point out what you want as people que up behind you wanting to pay for petrol or buy skins.

Also, it can be kind of creepy when your standing at Maxol Dolphins Barn thinking your alone on the forecourt waiting for your stuff to be fetched and have a strung out exorsist type voice suddenly breathing in your ear 'Wood ya hav n ee sper change, wood ya?.

There's something about girls in pijamas out walking there dog at 2am that gives me the shivers.

Anyway, any heads up on some shops would be cool.

Ones I know of ..

Londis .. O'Connell St (just seen a steak priced at €20 per KG there earlier .. keep it)
    Londis & Spar Westmoreland St
    Centra, Londis, Spar .. Dame St

Anywhere within 5 miles of the city will do but just not as far out as Tesco in Dublin .. (although have been known to pop in there at 4am for few bits and peices for the breakfast only to come out with LCDs and Duvet sets :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I know you said not Tesco but theres one in Artane aint to far from the city.

Theres the Topaz down the docks, walk in, expensive, also 24Hour deli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

msg11 wrote: »
    Theres the Topaz down the docks, walk in, expensive, also 24Hour deli.

Topaz down the docks sounds good .. shall give it a look.

I wish Fresh in Smithfield was 24 Hours .. I love that place. They do really quality food and reasonable prices for what you get.

Another one I forgot is Spar on Baggot St .. taxi drivers (and ladies of the night) seem to love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

theres the spar just past the olympia, and isnt the centra in temple bar 24hrs?

theres the spar just past the olympia, and isnt the centra in temple bar 24hrs?

Yeah, well opposite .. that's the one on Dame St I mentioned. The shop just up from the Olympia is Centra and it reopens Friday.

The Centra in Temple Bar seems to be closed anytime I have seen it lately .. 2am'ish. The place was overun with junkies everynight and there was nearly always trouble anytime I was in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

There's a good sized Centra on North King street right at the top of Capel Street that's open 24 hours. It's cheaper than of the ones further down town, and you can go in and walk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

theres a maxol garage in harolds cross thats open 24hrs, you can actually walk inside it!

theres a maxol garage in harolds cross thats open 24hrs, you can actually walk inside it!

Yeah, but they only sell 9 items so doesn't count :)

Only messing, cheers .. great place actually. Filled up my car there once and had no money :eek: .. just had to leave my licence and pay the following week (turns out I'd lost my wallet).

They must be used to it though as when I went to pay the guy didn't emember me and grabbed about a dozen IDs and licences and flicked through to find mine with the receipt inside :)

Advertisement