Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to reference technical details of technologies used

Options
  • 21-10-2009 4:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I have written a chapter on the development of a piece of software. In the chapter I say a lot about features and behaviours of the development framework and other technologies used. I also talk about features of other frameworks and technologies to justify the selection of technologies used.

Do I need references for this sort of stuff? I saw someone refer to common knowledge on another thread - does this sort of stuff fall into that category? I'm using emergent technologies, and I'm presenting it to non-IT people, so they are unlikely to be familiar with a lot of the things I am talking about.

If I do need to reference it, is it acceptable to just use product documentation, textbooks and the like?

Advertisement