Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help looking for a Puppy???!!!

Options
  • 21-10-2009 4:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice as to where I can find a puppy. We are looking for a Samoyed female puppy but they seem to be very hard to find. Does anyone one know any good sites or breeders? I would really appreciate yere help :D:D I am living in Kerry.

Thanks guys :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭up the town

Hi the best bet is to phone the Irish kennel Club. They will put you in touch with a reputable breeder in your area.
    http://www.ikc.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Samoyeds come into Ashton, and other pound and rescues, every so often. This is only one I could find at the moment ---> http://www.ispca.ie/rehoming_details.aspx?rehoming_id=502

Obviously, if you want a pup you prob will not find one in rescue - but always worth checking out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jimmyn

Try Donedeal:<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Ciars 23,lady in the north breeds them I will PM you her email, she will help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ciars23

Thanks all....also thinking of a maltese so if any1 has any info on these can ye please help?? Found a lady in uk she seems to breed in many different dogs and have been in contact but open to suggestions :D

I would preferably like to buy one in Ireland!!

• Advertisement

Hi

Im trying to find a new puppy at the moment, I am interested in samoyeds however im more interested in a smaller dog as i want a house pet and really want a maltese. They are gorgeous. Anyone with any information please help, im living in Kerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Ciars23 wrote: »
    Hi

Im trying to find a new puppy at the moment, I am interested in samoyeds however im more interested in a smaller dog as i want a house pet and really want a maltese. They are gorgeous. Anyone with any information please help, im living in Kerry :D

How about a Japanese spitz??? they are like a minature Samoyed and just as cute:D:D

just looked it up and your right....they are exactly like a miniature. How big do they grow??? Do you know anywhere they can be gotten??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ciars23 there is no need to create a thread for each breed you're looking at
    If you are seriously considering getting a pup you need to research the breed and as has been said, if you ring the IKC they can most likely put you in touch with anyone breeding malteases in Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Thanks all....also thinking of a maltese so if any1 has any info on these can ye please help?? Found a lady in uk she seems to breed in many different dogs and have been in contact but open to suggestions :D

I would preferably like to buy one in Ireland!!

My suggestion would be to not buy from this person. One of the first signs that someone might be operating a puppy farm is that they have many breeds available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Completely agree!

Ciars23 I really think you should do alot more research before you go out and get a dog. Not only into the breeds but also research how to find a good breeder, pick a healthy pup etc. This dog is going to be with you for the next 12-15 years, you do need to know what you're doing.

Here's some links to get you started.
    http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7086&title=how-to-avoid-buying-from-a-puppy-farmer
    http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9539&title=getting-a-pet-what-you-need-to-know-first
    http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7093&title=how-to-pick-the-perfect-dog-breeder

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

just looked it up and your right....they are exactly like a miniature. How big do they grow??? Do you know anywhere they can be gotten??

They are probably half the size of the samoyed maybe smaller, even search it through google and you should find pics of adult spitz. Also heres a link to some breeders http://www.champdogs.co.uk/guided/all_japanese-spitz_breeders.html:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i've a samoyed and he's a house dog mind you my house is pretty big :D

Havent been on this in awhile been pretty tied up....bought my puppy :) ended up getting a japanese spitz (thanks amzie for the post because i actually hadnt come across this dog before and so glad i did now) she is gorgeous and getting on great. Thanks for the advice guys :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Any pics?? I walk a Japanese Spitz and she's the friendliest, most loving dog ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

I have a japanese spitz, just keep watch to the tear stains on her eyes, you can buy tear stain remover, sometimes the stains will disappear as they get older sometimes they will return and you may need to get the tear ducts flushed.

Also there is a Japanese Spitz rescue in Ireland run by a fantastic woman.

Have a few pics alright...must get around to loading them onto the computer....she doesnt stand still very often so not the easiest thing to capture ;) They are very loving alrite and the best little companion. Shes lying up beside me as I type :p

ha-ya-said-what -> thanks for the advice I was actually wondering about this because I noticed them on her when i first got her, carefully tried washing them with a little doggy shampoo but was no good. They have since disappeared but must keep this in mind for next time :D:D:D

Just got around to uploading a picture now...shes a little cutie and eventually getting there with the house training. ;)

Luke 228.JPG

Luke 227.JPG

Advertisement