Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cr2 batteries needed for thursday!

• 21-10-2009 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Im going away on friday morning for the weekend and would like to bring my eos 300v but it needs new batteries. they are 10euro each in tesco and 8euro each in hickeys, does anyone know where I can get them for cheap? I could order online for very cheap but wont have it in time.

I only put 3 rolls thru that camera and the batteries are already dead, only 4months old. seems a little strange. the lcd is always on even when the camera is switched to off, it only shows how many frames are left so I doubt it would drain the batteries. Im not too sure what would happen if I took out the batteries mid roll if it would rewind automatically when they are put in again.
    Ill find out anyway when I put new batteries in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Im going away on friday morning for the weekend and would like to bring my eos 300v but it needs new batteries. they are 10euro each in tesco and 8euro each in hickeys, does anyone know where I can get them for cheap? I could order online for very cheap but wont have it in time.

I only put 3 rolls thru that camera and the batteries are already dead, only 4months old. seems a little strange. the lcd is always on even when the camera is switched to off, it only shows how many frames are left so I doubt it would drain the batteries.
    that is kinda weird all right. It probably ought to survive for considerably longer than that, there might be a short circuit or something draining the batteries. My f100 has that same thing (the LCD off except for the frame count always displayed) and I'm on the same batteries as when I bought it 8 months and about 20 rolls of film later.
    Im not too sure what would happen if I took out the batteries mid roll if it would rewind automatically when they are put in again.

That would suck :-) hopefully that won't happen, that would be one braindead design decision for a camera. Then again, it -is- a canon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

You'll be able to get them cheap enough in Lidl and Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Boots occasionally do 2 for 3 deals on batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

That seems like a very short time for cr2 batteries to last. Maybe take them out if you're not going to use the camera very often. You can take the batteries out mid roll no problem, it won't rewind the film or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I have 4 CR2 batteries in unopened pack, you may have 2 for free or I can loan you 2 x CR2 rechargables with charger.:)

Taking out the batteries will not cause the film to wind on or rewind when you replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    I have 4 CR2 batteries in unopened pack, you may have 2 for free or I can loan you 2 x CR2 rechargables with charger.:)

Taking out the batteries will not cause the film to wind on or rewind when you replace them.

thanks for the very kind offer, but I managed to get them on sale in boots with 2 other packs of different batteries I also needed. they were on sale too! so something like 75% off reduced price and 1 pack free!

pity they didnt have any kodachrome left, it was 4 euro a roll, not sure if that included prepaid development but from the price they were reduced from it seems it could have. never realised boots sold slide film and b&w too.

Advertisement