Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patriots: Edelman broken arm, Galloway, Matthews released

• 21-10-2009 4:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭

Some really bad news today. Julian Edelman has broken his arm and it appears he is out for the season. The sooner Tate is ready the better, although I am not expecting big things from him this year.

We released Joey Galloway and Michael Matthews. The release of Matthews means we retain the draft pick that was on the way to the Giants if he has remained with us any longer.

Tully Bana-Cain signed a multi year deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

eagle eye wrote: »
    Some really bad news today. Julian Edelman has broken his arm and it appears he is out for the season. The sooner Tate is ready the better, although I am not expecting big things from him this year.

We released Joey Galloway and Michael Matthews. The release of Matthews means we retain the draft pick that was on the way to the Giants if he has remained with us any longer.

Tully Bana-Cain signed a multi year deal.

Ah balls. Was really looking forward to seeing him in Wembley and he's been good for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Wow, didn't know that about Edelman. Mmm, and with Galloway gone - bit shallow now at depth. Shouldn't matter vs the Buccs though! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Also Joey Galloway apparently has hands made of stone and his pace is gone, so that's probably depth you don't really need. Edelman's a loss though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Losing Edelman is a disaster, only 3 healthy WRs on the roster.

Hopefully Nunn and Tate can fill the void.

Nunn was v good in preseason and was unlucky not to make the roster.

Also Galloway could always be brought back...but Bill must of know Edelman was gone for the season when he cut Galloway tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Karlusss wrote: »
    Also Joey Galloway apparently has hands made of stone and his pace is gone, so that's probably depth you don't really need. Edelman's a loss though.

I think we have been a bit harsh on him. But he did drop 2 balls he should have caught early in the season. I think his problem was getting used to the system routes and Tom Brady. Obviously as a Vet the Patriots felt he wasnt fitting in quick enough. Be very interesting to see in Nunn or Tate can fill that void. Tate is fast as fook so hopefully given the right practice he will make it in the Pros with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think it was the playbook tbh. I think Galloway has lost his bottle and is too worried about getting injured again. His form was not that good for us, a couple of dropped balls, but do you remember that time he got out of the way rather than catch and get hit?

When we signed him I was hopeful and almost expectant of him turning back the clock as so many other veterans have done under Belichick but this time it didn't happen. He had a dreadful 2008 if you remember, sometimes it just never comes back, I personally think his career is over.

I've heard a lot of talk about Tate and he is close to being fully fit by the sounds of things. There will be a lot of pressure on the kid to perform from the off now, I hope he is up to it. I personally am not going to expect too much, after all the lad is a rookie and he has been injured for some time now. We can always hope that he does make an impact though.

Advertisement