Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler servicing

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

How often should a gas boiler be serviced?
    The man who serviced mine said that it should be done every year. Is it really necessary to get it serviced so often?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

coolguy wrote: »
    How often should a gas boiler be serviced?
    The man who serviced mine said that it should be done every year. Is it really necessary to get it serviced so often?
    to make sure its as efficient as it can be then it would be annually. but if they are done that often , they usually only get a clean of a cloth. serious waste of money, but i suppose prevention is better than having to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is reasons why a boiler must be serviced every year. Its also a requirement of your household insurence policy.

It might just be a dust down but the receipt is an insurence policy to protect you against any comebacks inc the possability of a legal action if any visitor to your home is overcome with carbon monoxide.

Having said that....I have never heard of one.

Advertisement