Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs and clubs doing halloween fancy dress parties

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Smyths and icon are having a fancy dress too. I as in there last night and loads of people were dressed up and they were advertising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Paulegend wrote: »
    my 2 mates are dressing as stormtroppers they spent about 70 quid online for the costumes. they are class doh. im going as the mask:D someboday stop mae:D

also costeloes always have fancy dress on holloween. dont know if its ever official but we always end up there and everyone is dressed up:D

I'll be a stormtrooper next year, building it from scratch, hopefully ill look something like this:

vper2h.jpg

Who wouldnt want that on a mannequin in their living room:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

on costumeshop.ie (i think) there's a deluxe storm trooper costume for €600+

bazkennedy wrote: »
    on costumeshop.ie (i think) there's a deluxe storm trooper costume for €600+

Its not very good though, its really cheaply made plastic and made one size fits so itll pinch you everywhere, its ironic that the officially licensed Star Wars costumes cant hold a candle to the homemade ones, a really decent, almost screen accurate trooper costume will set you back about 400 bucks, plus the spraypaint and time putting it together, but itd be worth it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

At least the crotch area is well protected anyway.:D Why is he holding a WW2 German MG34?:D

• Advertisement

Firefox10 wrote: »
    At least the crotch area is well protected anyway.:D Why is he holding a WW2 German MG34?:D

the majority of guns in the star wars movies are rebuilt or modified WW2 guns:)

krudler wrote: »
    the majority of guns in the star wars movies are rebuilt or modified WW2 guns:)

Just another one of the many nazi references in the Star Wars Films I guess.:) But I digress, Stormtroopers make a excellent costume.

Anyone know what town was like last night?

Twas great, some real effort put in by some people (props to Zuroph and his missus, great costumes) The guy with the Predator costume in the Old Quarter got a ton of attention , poor guy must have been sweating pounds off underneath it though, was a good atmosphere in town, loads of the lazy Ann Summers hot cops/nurses/teachers blah blah but some girls did put in the effort, the girl in the rubiks cube costume must have got sick of people asking if they could touch her box by the end of the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So come on people,where are the pics?Im looking at you Vamp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jackncoke wrote: »
    So come on people,where are the pics?

Here you go! :)

16351_200437999250_516309250_4039302_3797714_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I saw two stormtroopers on patrol around the Old Quarter last night.

Also seen someone dressed as a ghost, just a white bed sheet with two holes thrown over his head. Must have seen about 2 dozen Jack Sparrows and about 20 Beyonces.

Clohessy's had a Munster Supporter's fancy dress theme to it. :D

Wow...pretty cool one allright.

There was a load of Lady Gagas around as well, not many Michael Jacksons though, guess everyone thought everyone else would do that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

not many Michael Jacksons though, guess everyone thought everyone else would do that

That was my costume on Thursday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Savage costume alright, but I'm not sure if you should have black shoes with that white handbag

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anymore pics?this place was rife with chat about costumes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Collected my D+G watch this evening, I won it for my rorschach costume :D

zuroph wrote: »
    Collected my D+G watch this evening, I won it for my rorschach costume :D

Congrats:D Who won the Wii? I'd left by that stage, I'm assuming it was Predator guy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

There was two, predator got one, can't remember the other, I didnt go for the wii cos i didnt want to run the risk of being up against predator!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Roadend wrote: »
    Savage costume alright, but I'm not sure if you should have black shoes with that white handbag

Thanks Roadend - Its not often that you do actually lol........

Advertisement