Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listening to TodayFM online

• 21-10-2009 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey I've had this problem for ages and it's driving me up the wall. I go to todayfm.com to listen online but when I click on iTunes as my external player of choice, it just diverts me to the download page for the newest version from Apple. I've downloaded it, but it still diverts me to it :(

If I try and listen using Quicktime or any of the other embedded players it still doesn't work :(

It used to work ages ago for me, why not now?

Also, the TodayFM app on my iPod won't work either!! :mad:

Any help appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

When are you listening? I noticed at times that the stream can have too many users so you can't connect. this happens especially during Ray D'Arcy during the day.

On the iPhone I use Wunderradio. Never had problems connecting to Today FM with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

louise.m wrote: »
    Hey I've had this problem for ages and it's driving me up the wall. I go to todayfm.com to listen online but when I click on iTunes as my external player of choice, it just diverts me to the download page for the newest version from Apple. I've downloaded it, but it still diverts me to it :(

If I try and listen using Quicktime or any of the other embedded players it still doesn't work :(

It used to work ages ago for me, why not now?

Also, the TodayFM app on my iPod won't work either!! :mad:

Any help appreciated ;)

Not to assist my competitor but they haven't really explained how to listen in an external player. Here's how you do it. The links on the pop up player only point to where you can download the various players. Where the yellow text says "MP3 Stream 32kbs". Right click on this and go "copy short cut". Now open your iTunes and go to Advanced and "open URL". Paste the URL that you have copied in there and you should be able to listen in.

A better alternative is to paste this URL in there! http://www.phantom.ie/now/phantom128mp3.pls

Also make sure that you have .pls files associated with iTunes on your own PC so it will open them by default.

If you are listening at work it may be that your administrator has blocked online listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 louise.m

Thanks a mil, BrianD, got it! :)

squonk, gonna check out that Wunderradio app, might be handy. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

louise.m wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, BrianD, got it! :)

squonk, gonna check out that Wunderradio app, might be handy. Cheers!

Make sure you put Phantom in your favourites!!! ;)

BTW if I can recommend the SHOUTcast App which is the Winamp app for iPhone or Itouch. It's free and has a huge station list (including many Irish ones)

There's also a new app from a company called Grab Radio that features about 15 Irish stations. It;s not free though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Eilswen

Hi All,

Yeah Grab Radio is €4.99 on iTunes. It's just been listed in the 'New and Noteworthy' section of iTunes so that's a plus.

We've got Today FM..and Phantom of course! :)

Eileen

Grab Radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

Brian, are you aware both Windows Media streams for Phantom are dead, and the two mp3 streams are actually both aacPlus @48k?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

BrianD wrote: »
    Not to assist my competitor but they haven't really explained how to listen in an external player. Here's how you do it. The links on the pop up player only point to where you can download the various players. Where the yellow text says "MP3 Stream 32kbs". Right click on this and go "copy short cut". Now open your iTunes and go to Advanced and "open URL". Paste the URL that you have copied in there and you should be able to listen in.

A better alternative is to paste this URL in there! http://www.phantom.ie/now/phantom128mp3.pls

Also make sure that you have .pls files associated with iTunes on your own PC so it will open them by default.

If you are listening at work it may be that your administrator has blocked online listening.

I have been trying to listen to Today FM on line too. and I cant get it to work at all!!! Its really annoying. I tried to copy and paste it into I tunes like you said but no joy!!!
    I have no idea why it wont work. even in the windows media player! grh! :mad:

Advertisement