Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a joypad/stick for SF4 on the pc

• 21-10-2009 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Currently im using some crappy trust joypad that i bought about 3 years ago. Im finding it really hard to pull off ultra combos and such because of the DPAD.

Iv looked at those arcade sticks, but alot of the decent brands seem to be quite expensive, dont have a huge budget either to be honest, being a student and all.

So what do you recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

nuxxx wrote: »
    Iv looked at those arcade sticks, but alot of the decent brands seem to be quite expensive, dont have a huge budget either to be honest, being a student and all.

Could be a false economy buying a budget option TBH though.
    If you really like SFIV or any fighting game and plan to play them for any amount of time its worth considering one of the pricier sticks.

My brother has busted 2 madcatz fightpadz since the release of SFIV.
    Kenny B here has also ruined 2 Hori Ex 2 fightsticks, both of these would be considered budget options, and both Ken & my bro moved to the Madcatz fightsticks, and are now both considering the tournament edition.

So if you reckon you're just going to be a casual player online for a few games a few times a week, (and nothing wrong with that,) then the saturn pads or a cheaper stick will do you fine and should meet your needs.

But if you plan on playing anymore than this, I'd consider the more upmarket sticks.

There's a thread on pads for PC here, and the merits of stick v pad here as well as pc compatability

On a personal note I paid €40 for my game and €100 for my stick. Roughly the price of three games in total.
    I checked my played stats last night & I've 200 hours+ played on SFIV alone. Other then a MMORPG, I can't imagine any other game that would offer that amount of playtime. Ken B has managed to get his counter to 999 hours.:eek:

Advertisement