Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept of Education Tullamore

• 21-10-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a place on the CAF to go work in the Dept of Education as an EO in Tullamore but I'm of 2 minds whether to take it or not. Really like where I'm working at present and not really all that keen to give it up, but then house prices etc. are luring me down there.

Anybody here work in Education? What's it like to work in? Would it be busy or would I just be sitting around twiddlin my thumbs all day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Don't work in Ed, in a totally different department, but i think its payroll/finance section thats up in clonminch as far as I know!! I could be totally wrong though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Goldstar

whiterob81 wrote: »
    I've been offered a place on the CAF to go work in the Dept of Education as an EO in Tullamore but I'm of 2 minds whether to take it or not. Really like where I'm working at present and not really all that keen to give it up, but then house prices etc. are luring me down there.

Anybody here work in Education? What's it like to work in? Would it be busy or would I just be sitting around twiddlin my thumbs all day?

PM sent to you.. reply to me via PM if you wish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭nodirectionhome

Have a couple of friends who work there, I think it's ok, fairly large etc. Tullamore is a nice place to live, I think anway!

Don think I can actually pm yet! But will soon, so if you need any advice give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

whiterob81 wrote: »

Lemme get this straight, a Civil Servant who is worried about sitting around all day doing feck all....my, times MUST have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

BOLT wrote: »
    Lemme get this straight, a Civil Servant who is worried about sitting around all day doing feck all....my, times MUST have changed

Aye, shock horror. We do exist!

Anyways, I better get home to my unicorn farm in the clouds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Originally from this area. Tullamore is grand area to live. Nice people mostly, crap drivers :P

The town is big enough and well serviced by public transport and roads at this stage to get to other areas.

It takes about an hour to get to Maynooth from Tullamore with the motorway now in place so it isn't that far again onto Dublin.

One advantage to Offaly is it is a reasonable distance to most places from it if you need to go somewhere. The town is ok and has everything you'd expect a reasonable sized town to have with regard to shops. Again you can travel to anything else you'd want with little hassle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

For what its worth Education look like they really want to fill the EO position. If there was a not so busy job there I don't think the department would be pushing to bring someone in at a time Dept of Finance have asked all departments to reduce the wage bill.

Advertisement