Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology 2010 HL

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Thematic Brief
    Entertainment events are enhanced by the settings in which they occur. Of particular importance is the performance area which enriches the audience experience through creative use of structures and of factors such as movement, light and sound. With the evolution of personalised technology, opportunities now arise for individual members of the audience to interact with, and create an effect on, the performance area.

Within the context of contemporary design and with a focus on enhancing the audience experience, design and make a working model of a dynamic performance area for an event of your choice. Individual audience members should have the opportunity to enhance their experience through interacting with the performance area.
    The model should incorporate electronic and/or mechanical systems and should also be well presented.
    The maximum dimension of the artefact you present for assessment should not exceed 500mm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Thematic Brief

Entertainment events are enhanced by the settings in which they occur. Of particular importance is the performance area which enriches the audience experience through creative use of structures and of factors such as movement, light and sound. With the evolution of personalised technology, opportunities now arise for individual members of the audience to interact with, and create an effect on, the performance area.

Within the context of contemporary design and with a focus on enhancing the audience experience, design and make a working model of a dynamic performance area for an event of your choice. Individual audience members should have the opportunity to enhance their experience through interacting with the performance area.
    The model should incorporate electronic and/or mechanical systems and should also be well presented.
    The maximum dimension of the artefact you present for assessment should not exceed 500mm.
    It came out today:eek:?!?!? Didnt think it would be out this soon...

I dont like the look of this one:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

any ideas of building this project ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

unknown13 wrote: »
    any ideas of building this project ??

ya its tough enough........some sort of stage possibly!?..
    do you use the pic board in your school?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

We use pic boards in my school.Was thinking some sort of rotating stage like U2s one.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    We use pic boards in my school.Was thinking some sort of rotating stage like U2s one.

how do the audience get to enhance their experiance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

not a f*ucking clue:p

bertie4evr wrote: »
    not a f*ucking clue:p

ya that my problem aswell..!!!..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dh19br

"how do the audience get to enhance their experiance?"

I was thinkin about remote controlls attached to seats, which would b used to ligth LED's, or something like... any other ideas? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

I was thinking about a motion senor,the movement of the crowd will affect the lighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 toss2k9

I was thinking of making a stage where the light intensifies as the crowd gets louder. But, i've never made a circuit thats sound sensitive. Does anybody know how to go about it?

• Advertisement

toss2k9 wrote: »
    I was thinking of making a stage where the light intensifies as the crowd gets louder. But, i've never made a circuit thats sound sensitive. Does anybody know how to go about it?
    Does your school use the pic boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 toss2k9

Does your school use the pic boards

Not that I know of, no

Not that I know of, no

You’ll probably have to get your teacher to make the circuit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Or use motion sensors...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

there can be lots of other idea like a football game were the audience would decide on the subsitution to be made or a disco were the audience could select the music to be played!!!! you would use the majority curcuit for these

St.Brigids wrote: »
    there can be lots of other idea like a football game were the audience would decide on the subsitution to be made or a disco were the audience could select the music to be played!!!! you would use the majority curcuit for these
    I don't really think this would enhance the performance area, I think it has too much of an effect on the performance area and would alter the performance too much

have yee started the folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

im stuck on the solid works part of this project. not sure how to used it really

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

St.Brigids wrote: »
    im stuck on the solid works part of this project. not sure how to used it really

you dont have to use that.
    hand drawn is fine, solidworks is just quicker..

Advertisement