Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Sidi... cycling shoes. Size 46

• 21-10-2009 12:22pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Model: Sidi Genius 5
    Colour: Black
    Size: 46 (equivalent to size 11 in UK sizing)
    Price: €75 (Retail for about €150 new, which is what I paid for them)

They're in quite good condition as I only wore them for about two months before realising that I needed one size bigger. I usually take an 11 1/2 or 12, so these were just that little bit too small for me.

I'm based in Dublin city centre during the day or Inchicore evenings and weekends for anyone interested in viewing/buying.

4031139761_4b0c1edbb3.jpg

4031892632_8d444a1064.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

eh, black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Raam wrote: »
    eh, black?

my thoughts exactly.
    secondly, you're a UK size TWELVE? jesus christ. what height are you el t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Tonto

Are they a wide (typically British) or narrow (typically Italian) fitting in terms of width?

Normally take a 45, but I like a roomy shoe.

flickerx wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly.
    secondly, you're a UK size TWELVE? jesus christ. what height are you el t?

Same height as me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ROK ON wrote: »
    Tonto

Are they a wide (typically British) or narrow (typically Italian) fitting in terms of width?

Normally take a 45, but I like a roomy shoe.

I didn't find them particularly narrow. The main thing really is that I needed one size up from what I'd normally take.
    eh, black?

We all have our failings
    Same height as me.

I think you might have a centimetre or so on me, but I'm not far behind.

• Advertisement

I may have a look at them next week then.
    If you bring them into work, I can call up some lunchtime.

BTW - are they warm on a cold day, I am seeking a shoe that I wont freeze my toes off waering on cold winter mornings.

Reason I ask is that I am sick of my Northwave shoes. Very comfy but meant for a different climate than we ever get in this country.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ROK ON wrote: »
    I may have a look at them next week then.
    If you bring them into work, I can call up some lunchtime.

BTW - are they warm on a cold day, I am seeking a shoe that I wont freeze my toes off waering on cold winter mornings.

Reason I ask is that I am sick of my Northwave shoes. Very comfy but meant for a different climate than we ever get in this country.

I can bring them in next week alright if you want a gander. They have mesh venting on the front, which does let some air in. I'm not sure how that compares to your Northwaves, but you can take a look at them if you want.

@Rok_On if this falls through, maybe you would consider my Shimano winter boots?

el tonto wrote: »
    I can bring them in next week alright if you want a gander. They have mesh venting on the front, which does let some air in. I'm not sure how that compares to your Northwaves, but you can take a look at them if you want.

Cool.

I cant see the mesh from the photos. The NW shoe has a mesh all over the toe cap, which means that no matter what type of sock you wear you will have cold toes on a cold day.

They look from the photo the type of toe cap that I am looking for.
    Given the roads I ride on, black is also a good colour.

Say Wed next week? PM me where you are and I will pop up.

There's a small panel of mesh on each side above the toe cap. PM sent with my location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

@Rok_On if this falls through, maybe you would consider my Shimano winter boots?

40 squid ?

Gavin wrote: »
    40 squid ?

Make it 45 and they are all yours, if they fit ya? I've closed the advert over on adverts.ie (marked as sold) as it's nicer selling things over here. El Tonto: sorry for stealing your thread

SOLD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@Raam- I'll go 45 for those boots.

blorg wrote: »
    @Raam- I'll go 45 for those boots.

All yours. I'll bring them in tomorrow and you can try them out. FYI, they are a road shoe, so no grips. I have used them with SPDs.

Cool, yes I realised they are a road shoe, I would be using them with my road pedals. What size do you take in Sidi out of interest?

blorg wrote: »
    Cool, yes I realised they are a road shoe, I would be using them with my road pedals. What size do you take in Sidi out of interest?

I think my Sidi are 45.

OK thanks- there may be an issue with the sizing for me then (my Sidis are also 45) - maybe not though I will certainly take them if they fit.

Advertisement