Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road name (Parkmore? Ballybrit Cresent?)

Options
  • 21-10-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭

There is a road which runs between Tuam Rd and the roundabout that's close to Western Motors. It's marked on this map

I was sure that someone told me that this road is called "Parkmore". And I know that some businesses on it have addresses like:
    "Unit X, Galway Technology Park, Parkmore, Galway"

Google-maps shows the road-name as "Ballybrit Cresent" (the same as the road that goes from this one down to the race-course). And it shows another road, further down the Tuam Rd, as "An Paric Mor". However Google-maps isn't always right.

Neither "Parkmore" nor "Ballybrit Cresent" is listed on Galway City's on-line gazetted street-names system. But this makes sense, because I understand that the area is actually outside the city boundary. And Galway County Council's on-line maps don't include street-names.

Can anyone shed any light on the actual name of this road? (and others in the area, for that matter)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

A lot of roads in that area don't actually have official names.

I know all about it - I live on one of them. Ordering anything via courier or getting pizza is just about impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Ballybrit crescent refers only to the crescent of houses opposite the racecourse entrance I think.

If you call the main road the Parkmore road, people understand. Dunno official name though.

Parkmore is the name of the townland - in the absence of an official name I would default to that.

The road is the boundary between the city and county - except for the crescent which is in the city.

Advertisement