Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of blower door test?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have any of you found a good deal on getting a blower door test done or to rent a blower door tester?

I am in the midlands.

Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

I'm also interested in this and i'm also from the midlands,
    If i get someone to do it i'll PM you/post the details.

Anyone any recommendations for this from anyone in the midlands?

I just googled and saw that the price was around 400-500 euro.
    ( i must say i'd be very interested to actually know how they can see where the air leakage is... do the fill the house with
    400 euro.... no terminal imaging...

price ?

500 euro...

450 euro plus vat includes terminal images

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

I have a guy in Offaly caling me next week who says he will do a very good price as he needs to get a few airtightness tests under his belt. If you PM me your contact details maybe we can get a better price with two jobs..or more if anyone else is interested. I'm not too concerned that the guy is new to the tests as it seems a simple test to do.

On the subject of how to find the leaks, a hand held smoke machine that electricians use is often used, an incense stick is a crude alternative. Some experienced testers say they can detect leaks with their hand. For a more costly method the house is filled with harmless smoke from a smoke machine and leaks to the outside are checked for.

A thermal imaging camera can also be used.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Does anyone know the current price to have one carried out? I am currently looking to get a blower test carried out on my build. I take it the cost is dependent on the size of your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sandman777

K3v wrote: »
    Does anyone know the current price to have one carried out? I am currently looking to get a blower test carried out on my build. I take it the cost is dependent on the size of your house.

Hi...just wondering have you luck getting prices for test? Ill need one done soon and havent priced around yet but if you have any useful info could you pass it on?

Thanks
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

Sandman777 wrote: »
    Hi...just wondering have you luck getting prices for test? Ill need one done soon and havent priced around yet but if you have any useful info could you pass it on?

Thanks
    S

hi sandman, pm sent...

• Advertisement
Advertisement