Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSKA Moscow v Man Utd Match Thread 21st Oct

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my word that's brilliant news about fabio

it's only cramps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Headshot wrote: »
    my word that's brilliant news about fabio

it's only cramps

Time of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

fabio only has cramp according to fergie so it mightnt be too bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Just cramp for Fabio..thank f**k...great game for him..Fergie is speaking v highly of him now..

EDIT: soooo many got there before me...doh..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "We wanted a bit more of a surge through the middle areas in the second half and not just the wide areas and we did pretty well, created some chances. Fabio has just got cramp, he was absolutely outstanding today."

Quandary wrote: »
    fabio only has cramp according to fergie so it mightnt be too bad...

nothing to worry about at all

just showed the work he put tonight

he has a bright future at utd anyway

delighted for valencia too, deserved that goal! nice to see our midfielders getting into the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

w00t! All done 0-1 thank you very much Mr Valencia. I wouldn't be reading anything into the team's performance tonight - the plastic pitch fooked the players up for most of the game and they had a bit of an eye on Sunday too imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get back on that plane and rest
    We wanted a bit more of a surge through the middle areas in the second half and not just the wide areas and we did pretty well, created some chances. Fabio has just got cramp, he was absolutely outstanding today."

might as well start the utd/pool thread now, or has it already been started?

• Advertisement

roll on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

kenon wrote: »
    Fabio only has cramp.

Thank fùck for that. I'm delighted he's not injured. He had a stormer tonight. Absolutely jumped on his opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I put my hand out and say i criticised Valencia, i think he was overpriced but he's scored 2 goals in 5days for us... I won't complain :D

Sunday would be CRAZY....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

whos goes off with cramp? :) what next, players being subbed off when they have a stitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

whos goes off with cramp? :) what next, players being subbed off when they have a stitch

no point in risking a goal esp that late in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Jaysus Nani was terrible.

no

I wouldnt say he was terrible

yes gave the ball away a couple of times with his bad passing but overall the positives out weigh the negatives imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Nani was great carrying the ball today but his final passes were horrible.

I'm quite happy with the result today, I expected it to be tricky even with or without an artificial pitch. The pitch plays quite differently to normal turf, even though they sing its praises for the ball running true. The ball seems to stand up on it.

Job done, Liverpool next. Hopefully Rafa wont get the sack if united beat them on Sunday. ;)

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mike65 wrote: »
    Botox
    why mike65? you have money on the CSKA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

As one of the most vocal Nani haters here, he really wasnt that bad tonight.

Not nearly as bad as usual. I do think this could be to do with the pressure of the game, quality of opposition etc but it still has to be said, he wasnt terrible tonight by any stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

As one of the most vocal Nani haters here, he really wasnt that bad tonight.

Not nearly as bad as usual. I do think this could be to do with the pressure of the game, quality of opposition etc but it still has to be said, he wasnt terrible tonight by any stretch.
    The cross for the goal was good, but the rest of his passing and crossing was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Trilla wrote: »
    why mike65? you have money on the CSKA?

He had a double with Lyon if i remember right.

I thought nani did ok tonight, not great but ok. sure he fcked up some passes but i thought he worked back to try to make up for it.

As for Berba and his attitude towards nani i thought it was disgraceful and unprofessional at times. there were 2 incidents around the 55 minute mark one where he plainly refused to lay a ball off to nani when it was the ball to play and then a few seconds later when nani got the ball he refused to run into position where nani was always going to play it. I thought it stank whatever about nanis numerous fck ups. fergie picks the team not berba.

good to hear about fabio not being injured. hopefully Brown gets back to fitness and the squad is starting to fill up again.

thought the pitch was sh!te and didn't help the flow of the game at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    As for Berba and his attitude towards nani i thought it was disgraceful and unprofessional at times. there were 2 incidents around the 55 minute mark one where he plainly refused to lay a ball off to nani when it was the ball to play and then a few seconds later when nani got the ball he refused to run into position where nani was always going to play it. I thought it stank whatever about nanis numerous fck ups. fergie picks the team not berba.

He actually turned his back on Nani at one point when Nani was looking to lay off a ball

FWIW I thought Nani had a decent game, certainly better than usual. Showed some good skill, but his end product was lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dave! wrote: »
    He actually turned his back on Nani at one point when Nani was looking to lay off a ball

FWIW I thought Nani had a decent game, certainly better than usual. Showed some good skill, but his end product was lacking.

I remember that incident too. I have no problem if he wants to give nani a bollocking for not passing or fcking up but to turn your back, refuse to run and refuse to make the correct pass, fck that.

ya I notice that

I thought berba's attitude tonight was very poor, not always toward Nani either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I agree with some of the previous poster's about Nani's performance. I thought he was really up for it tonight...certainly better than what we've seen from him recently.

I was really impressed with Fabio's timing of the tackle this evening. Even when he missed a tackle his speed to get back within two or three strides and prevent the cross was admirable.

Berbatov? Don't get me started. A flick here and a flick there. Then a scowl. Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

madds wrote: »

Berbatov? Don't get me started. A flick here and a flick there. Then a scowl. Useless.

Have to agree with this unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Berba needs to play more like he did for the last 10 minutes for a whole game. thought he was brilliant for the last few minutes but terrible for the first 80. Nani is a player that I like, but infuriates me. He has great speed and can deliver crosses and great shots. Just does the wrong thing way too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Headshot wrote: »
    no

I wouldnt say he was terrible

yes gave the ball away a couple of times with his bad passing but overall the positives out weigh the negatives imo

No way. The amount of mistakes he makes mean at this stage he will probably never be good enough. Hes getting games but not getting much better. This should be his last season unless he learns how to pass a ball. Great result other than that under the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nani was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch last night, everything he does up until he has to make his final decision is perfect, world class perfect. Then bang the wrong the decision. To be fair to him which I try and be, there wasn't enough arses in the box for the first 70 minutes of the match for any sort of his crosses to be met.

On Berbs, he seemed overly cranky last night, late night feeds and crying. Unlucky!!! :p

Valencia again had a decent game and scored the winner. Would love if he could play on the left, would be awesome to see the energy of himself and Evra up and down the wing.

Blondie for Moscow looked good last night, will reserve judgement til we see him on a proper pitch in a fortnights time though.

There keeper did look alright though, brave and a good shot stopper it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He had a double with Lyon if i remember right.
    I see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Have to agree with Boggles regarding Nani. Anytime he got in a position to put a cross there was only Berbatv in the box. No surprise he ended up overplaying it at times, or taking the shot on.

He still made some good descions though. Released Fabio down the wing numerous times for instance.

I thought Anderson was poor last night. If he was the one that was supposed to be supporting Berbatov he failed. Some good balls over the top but that was about it.

As for Berbatovs attitude. It was shocking, and pretty disgraceful from a 'professional'. Im normal one of his biggest fans but I can't justify that attitude. To me he obviously wasn't happy with the service he was getting, and he wasn't happy up top on his own, but to act the way he did was terrible. No surprise he came alive when Owen joined him though.

Result was good though. I wouldn't have expected 9 points from the first three games, with the two away games in there. Beat them in the return leg then we have two games to play around with, where hopefully including Hargreaves in the squad can turn out to be a very useful move.

Advertisement