Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at Home Issue

• 21-10-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering can give me a bit of advice, im in a very irriatating situation at the moment regarding broadband with Vodafone at Home. I switched over from Eircom to Vodafone about 2 weeks ago, and ever since my connection has been just awful, with cuts out's every 30 mins or so, for 1 minute!

Im currently using my old Netopia router from Eircom and then only settings I changed on it where the username and password, didnt move/change DSL filters either, so it must be from there end right?

I was on to tech support Saturday last and they told me that a setting must be qrong on my wireless but that has nothing to-do with the DSL not syncing :confused:

I'm just wondering if there is a 'cooling off' period where you can cancel within say a week or two of getting said product,because this is ridiculous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Does anyone know if its from Vodafone's side or my problem? Getting pretty pissed off at this stage......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cooling off period is 7 days.

Why aren't you using Vodafone's modem? That's the only way you will know if it's modem or not.

jor el wrote: »
    Cooling off period is 7 days.

Why aren't you using Vodafone's modem? That's the only way you will know if it's modem or not.

Because it still hasnt come in the post yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

best to wait until you get the vodafone modem.

gb--

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    best to wait until you get the vodafone modem.

gb--

I cant see much changing with that to be honest, heres the latest speedtest, fucking woeful

601551391.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I changed some weeks ago and only this week im finally on Vodafone BB. So far its fine and i have not had any problems. I also using the eircom modem and changed use name and password like your self and thats all i did.

The only prob i do have is that i can only download at 215kb/s so that tells me im not on the full 3meg line. I dont mind all that much about this so im not sure if i will call them or not about it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I changed some weeks ago and only this week im finally on Vodafone BB. So far its fine and i have not had any problems. I also using the eircom modem and changed use name and password like your self and thats all i did.

The only prob i do have is that i can only download at 215kb/s so that tells me im not on the full 3meg line. I dont mind all that much about this so im not sure if i will call them or not about it.
    Same here I'm not on the right line either, think it takes them a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

donmeister wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering can give me a bit of advice, im in a very irriatating situation at the moment regarding broadband with Vodafone at Home. I switched over from Eircom to Vodafone about 2 weeks ago, and ever since my connection has been just awful, with cuts out's every 30 mins or so, for 1 minute!

Im currently using my old Netopia router from Eircom and then only settings I changed on it where the username and password, didnt move/change DSL filters either, so it must be from there end right?

I was on to tech support Saturday last and they told me that a setting must be qrong on my wireless but that has nothing to-do with the DSL not syncing :confused:

I'm just wondering if there is a 'cooling off' period where you can cancel within say a week or two of getting said product,because this is ridiculous!

The father-in-law is having similar problems to you and he is using the new modem. He's based outside Waterford.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

If your DSL does not sync then you won't be getting connected regardless of whether your wireless is working or not, sync is the signal from the Eircom exchange to your router.

Advertisement