Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive Ban?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

There's a thread in the Ladies Lounge in which the poster is talking about trimming/shaving ones pubic hair.

I made a comment along the lines of "my dick is so big, women tend not to notice how my pubic hair looks"

Something which i truely believe.. that aside, i've been banned for 6 months for the comment.

I thought this was a bit excessive. It wasn't an abusive post, i didn't edit the word dick to get past the filter (is it even filtered?), its not aimed at anyone and i don't think its offensive.

The forum is tongue and cheek from what i've read before, its light hearted and the people there (as long as its not a thread about womens health or rape etc) usually look at these things in the funny sense.

I believe an edited post, warning, or 1 to 2 week ban would have sufficed, but i've spoken to the mod (Xiney) and he/she believes otherwise and pointed me this direction.

Anyway, its up to you lot.. I'm off to trim my pubes but i'll check back later!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055716741

Thats a legit thread that does not require comments like that. The ladies lounge is not afterhours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Yea, but the ban.. a little excessive?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yea, but the ban.. a little excessive?

Not when you consider that the Mods are blue in the face trying to cut crap like that out of their forum.
    TLL is a serious forum and that remark was not only against the charter but was stupid in the extreme.
    You got that ban all by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

A serious forum at times, i agree.. but a thread where women are talking about weather or not they find trimmed pubes a turn on/off? I honestly didn't think a bit of humour would be out of place.

I've learned from this though, learned to avoid the REALLY seriously serious issues raised in the ladies lounge.

Thanks for your time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've learned from this though, learned to avoid the REALLY seriously serious issues raised in the ladies lounge.

Probably best. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement