Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

Phew said Trent looking at his watch as he finished having a deadly game of cat and mouse. his next engagement (deadly battle on top of recently finished skyscraper) wasn’t for 15 minutes so he decided to start having a revealing flashback.

Trent was 10 years old and his dad had forgotten his birthday. Trent was wearing a party hat but it was slightly off centre and he blew on a party blower, but he only did one long blow so it sounded like a sarcastic duck, so you could tell straightaway what happened .

He went into the living room and his dad was there ‘hahaha Trents dad said” taking off his hat and turning off the television. he had just finished watching every James bond film every Arnold schwarznenenger film and every terminator film. “Hahaha he said again” putting his hat back on. all I care about is killing people and saying cool stuff and having sec with beautiful women. Just then he suddenly left for the rest of trents life! Trent went and sat down and put on his dads hat and started watching tv. every James bond film every Arnold schwarznenenger film and every terminator film was just starting. Suddenly, but today suddenly, not in the flashback suddenly, Trent started hearing all harps and waking up off the flashback. It’s meaning would have to remain a mystery....... for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mr E wrote: »
    padraiggg hasn't been on boards since 2016, his last tweet was early 2018 and trentsadventures.com is down (was it ever up?)

Time to move on, folks. :o

Trent is like Fawlty Towers - a limited run of solid gold that will live on forever.

Time has no meaning to trent said trent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

padraiggg, you glorious sonofabítch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Jesus Fúcking Christ

Oh yeah, he’s back!!!

I feel all hot and bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Peatys wrote: »
    Jesus Fúcking Christ

My fúcking sentiments exactly.......

What
    The
    Fúck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Always leaves me wanting more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

I knew it would be worth following this thread. Amazing

hahaha

I cried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I went from "those absolute fúckers!! I'm unfollowing the thread, the false hope is going to kill me" to "oh my God, I'm never unfollowing this thread" in five seconds. What a rollercoaster!! And that was before I'd actually read the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Is this the real thing or some dastardly imposter?

Then again, who would dare try to imitate padraiggg?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

There was a reading of this on YouTube. I’m sure I heard it a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Every James Bond film, Arnold Schwarzenegger film and every Terminator film are starting at the same time.

This is incredible,what a crazy timeline has been created. This is pure genius, I'd say Pulitzer stuff right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,590 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good to see you back Pádraiggg.

Hopefully this is only the prelude to more adventures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

So that hints at the origins of the hat. But what are the origins of the man in it. He said while eating an orange.

Nah I can’t do it, eager to read more though.

Can you atleast promise us that in your will you will explain that your executor has to go on boards and name you so that we can study your life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

padraiggg wrote: »
    Trent was 10 years old

He's actually ten years and ten days old today, you glorious bastard.

Mr E wrote: »
    padraiggg hasn't been on boards since 2016, his last tweet was early 2018 and trentsadventures.com is down (was it ever up?)

Time to move on, folks. :o

Trent is like Fawlty Towers - a limited run of solid gold that will live on forever.

Don’t you dare second guess Padraiggg ! Don’t you dare !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭elefant

Halloween 2019.

Trentday. Where were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Christmas has come early!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

oLoonatic wrote: »
    Christmas has come early!!!

Not the only one to cum early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just then he suddenly left for the rest of trents life!
    Heartstrings well and truly plucked (stabbed!). The affect on the reader with this revelation is both a devastational and emotional. It's twist allows us to have both sympathy and awe for trent.
    Also, terminators.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... and having sec with beautiful women. ...

The singular of sex? I will certainly start using this.

Genius as always.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

FINALLY. Loved it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

It's like the stone roses for all you doubters, padraigg and trent, I knew they'd be back.

It's not a very good start, to be quite honest. If you don't know what's going to happen 5 lines into the book, maybe you should work that out first and then start (re)writing.

"Leave us alone Trent" ?? is this what someone who has a gun pointed at them says? How is he aiming both barrels (not bullets) at all the women at once and not at the men?

What's the story with the hat? It's on his head, then off, then on again... ?

"Now the gun was in the other hands"

This doesn't really read like English.

It was a brilliant start ! You knew nothing Jon Snow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It was a brilliant start ! You knew nothing Jon Snow

In fairness to pickarooney (as the mod of the Creative Writing forum) he left this thread stay open in the early days, even while he had doubts (as we all did) about whether or not it was a troll winding people up. Had it been closed early we all would have missed out on the adventure of Trent so fair dues to pickarooney for allowing it to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What do you mean? Each post IS a paragraph! It would look very silly if it was just words dotted about everywhere!!!

A Mysterious STranger?

"So, we meet again Trent" said the man. "WHo is this man?" thought Trent. "Hahaha " said Trent, "I suppose we do, why don't you just tell me your name though, to remind me what it is in case I kill you and I need to tell the papers or a policeman what the name of the man I killed was." The man didn't fall for the trick though. "What's the matter Trent don't you recognise me?" Trent looked at the man, expcept he couldn;t because he was wearing a hat pulled down over his face and he was standing in the shadows anyway. Trent got ready to pull his gun out very quickly and shoot the man and this is what he was just about to do when suddenly the man stepped forward. "I am your father Trent" he said, taking off his hat. "Oh yes, said Trent "I didn't recognise you for a minute then" "hahaha" they both said. BANG! Trent shot the man! "Merry Christmas" said Trent.
    Phew said Trent looking at his watch as he finished having a deadly game of cat and mouse. his next engagement (deadly battle on top of recently finished skyscraper) wasn’t for 15 minutes so he decided to start having a revealing flashback.

Trent was 10 years old and his dad had forgotten his birthday. Trent was wearing a party hat but it was slightly off centre and he blew on a party blower, but he only did one long blow so it sounded like a sarcastic duck, so you could tell straightaway what happened .

He went into the living room and his dad was there ‘hahaha Trents dad said” taking off his hat and turning off the television. he had just finished watching every James bond film every Arnold schwarznenenger film and every terminator film. “Hahaha he said again” putting his hat back on. all I care about is killing people and saying cool stuff and having sec with beautiful women. Just then he suddenly left for the rest of trents life! Trent went and sat down and put on his dads hat and started watching tv. every James bond film every Arnold schwarznenenger film and every terminator film was just starting. Suddenly, but today suddenly, not in the flashback suddenly, Trent started hearing all harps and waking up off the flashback. It’s meaning would have to remain a mystery....... for now

So was the mysterious stranger Trent's father? Or just some imposter? Or was his flashback dad the imposter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Earthhorse wrote: »
    So was the mysterious stranger Trent's father? Or just some imposter? Or was his flashback dad the imposter?

Or maybe we're not reading Trent's adventures in chronological order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Trent

hahaha!

Advertisement