Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The smell on Patrick St

Options
  • 21-10-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Anytime I have been on Patrick St in the past month or so the smell has been almost unbearable. It's like blocked sewage or something. Has anybody else been getting this? It gives the street an even more 3rd world image than it already has.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

I thought i had farted unknownce to myself!! Not joking! Drove past it this morning and the smell around where The Gap used to be, it was sudden and awful and i could think was "did i just fart" :D
    Kinda relieved....gotta say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

GF got ate this morning for stinking out the car dropping her to work:o, then realised no human could produce such a stink.......serious problem like this close to city hall, surely it will be sorted soon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    GF got ate this morning for stinking out the car dropping her to work:o, then realised no human could produce such a stink.......serious problem like this close to city hall, surely it will be sorted soon. :rolleyes:

It's been there at least a month and I'm in Limerick maybe 3 times a week and I've got every time I've been in that area.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It's been there at least a month and I'm in Limerick maybe 3 times a week and I've got every time I've been in that area.

To be honest I fully expect absolutly nothing to be done until the builders move in to build the Opera Centre in 60 years time or Tony Connolly kicks up a fuss.

Maybe its someones rotting corpse down in the bomb shelter underneath Patricks St? Just a thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Could be the city's soul rotting....no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

That smell is actually coming from city hall.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that was me, after a kebab on ellen street. sorry about that.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    To be honest I fully expect absolutly nothing to be done until the builders move in to build the Opera Centre in 60 years time or Tony Connolly kicks up a fuss.

Maybe its someones rotting corpse down in the bomb shelter underneath Patricks St? Just a thought. :)

Bomb shelter? Tell me more. Google tells me nothing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

stink bomb shelter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

that smell is rotten and its been there for ages. who would we email to complain about that smell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Harpy wrote: »
    that smell is rotten and its been there for ages. who would we email to complain about that smell?

I went for a stroll down that way earlier and they had that lane way beside the old post building closed off and down at the end of it was one of those big chemical tanker lorries ,that clean septic tanks, portaloos etc, with it's hose down a drain thing so I reckon whatever was causing the smell is being sorted (or being made worse).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Wasn't there some stuff on here before to do with basements in the Georgian parts of town and trouble with river tides backing sewage up? could be linked to that. although this problem was more in areas next to the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 woggas

on a slight tangent, but I've gotten a horrendous smell while cycling home. Its always in the same place, around the childers road where the overhead train bridge is...
    and its not me having a sean kelly moment;)

MarkR wrote: »
    Bomb shelter? Tell me more. Google tells me nothing! :)

Thats right, a bomb shelter! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that pump truck hit a few spots today in d area, should be sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's coming from the giant rat living in Fat Zoes.

Advertisement