Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick needs a .......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Monorail
    That would be a better and cheaper alternative to a metro system, given Limerick's size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

...superhero.

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

better looking women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

a proper garda station with gardai who promptly responds to the calls and are visible on the streets 24/7

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    a proper garda station with gardai who promptly responds to the calls and are visible on the streets 24/7

If the Gardaí are on the streets 24/7, who's going to be left in the station to answer calls? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

both of them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This town needs Chuck Norris:

chuck-norris-demotivational-poster-1219689874.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

I believe the city needs a good beer pub.
    Instead of spending big money on the decor start investing in a big range of international beers like in the Porter House,Dublin or Rotterdam in Belfast.
    Possibly a brew pub, but im not sure would a conservative town like Limerick embrace it......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Monorail

simpsons_monorail.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Stab*City wrote: »

A park in Raheen (on the way i know but lets see when, the sign says "work starts 2009" i think it meant to say 2019)

i went around and did the survey for those parks the summer i did my leaving cert(2005).......i just graduated from college.. so thats 4 years since the surveys.It better be some park after 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kat24

A better traffic system when there is a match on!

There could be a match on in Thomond Park at 5pm and the city is jam packed with cars from early in the morning to late in the night...completely unnecessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Kess73 wrote: »
    Some good suggestions here, and mine will repeat some of them.

A city centre .....

Can I stop you there. How about an actual city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Limerick needs to free the weed!! Everyone might relax a bit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Limerick needs to free the weed!! Everyone might relax a bit

Yes, because more drugs are exactly what this city needs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Scumbag catapult pointed at the shannon, daily catapultings at noon and 6pm, TV3 are negotiating broadcast rights

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

krudler wrote: »
    Scumbag catapult pointed at the shannon, daily catapultings at noon and 6pm, TV3 are negotiating broadcast rights
    think it should be hourly....twice a day not enough

Hanging skeleton decoration in a more prominent, city centre spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

An File wrote: »
    Yes, because more drugs are exactly what this city needs :rolleyes:

Now now, its a plant not a drug. Think of it as the opposite of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Now now, its a plant not a drug. Think of it as the opposite of coffee.
    lol good way to think of it..

I think Limerick could use a super laid back coffee shop...like was suggested in this thread or another.
    Kinda like the one that Starbucks stole the idea from..lol.
    Big couches..good lighting...fabulous music...games for the people that wanna hang out (chess, etc).. cool owners..as long as the coffee was somewhat decent...i would go there and possibly never leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

lol

• Advertisement

supermommy wrote: »

I think Limerick could use a super laid back coffee shop...like was suggested in this thread or another.
    Big couches..good lighting...fabulous music...games for the people that wanna hang out (chess, etc).. cool owners..as long as the coffee was somewhat decent...i would go there and possibly never leave :D

A mature suggestion but people are more inclined to throw... ...sorry catapult people into the Shannon than do something that worthwhile.

A mature suggestion but people are more inclined to throw... ...sorry catapult people into the Shannon than do something that worthwhile.

Catapulting scumbags into the shannon IS worthwhile:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

Catapulting scumbags into the shannon IS worthwhile:D

And maybe we could charge and donate it to some good charity in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

supermommy wrote: »

Would you actually buy coffee tho?

Ah, cynicism, something we don't see nearly enough of round here... :rolleyes:

Limerick needs optimism. Not in a naive, mysterious kind of way, but a realistic sense of what can be achieved even with limited resources.

An File wrote: »
    Ah, cynicism, something we don't see nearly enough of round here... :rolleyes:

Limerick needs optimism. Not in a naive, mysterious kind of way, but a realistic sense of what can be achieved even with limited resources.

Couldn't agree more but I'm not the cynic here. I think Limerick has huge potential to be a fantastic city, I get the feeling that's not the populous view.

jackncoke wrote: »
    Would you actually buy coffee tho?

Course I would. Im a big believer in coffee! I even went to Costa today and actually bought the overpriced but lovely coffee there.

Its not that mature anyways.. I just want a cool place to whore out my baked goods :D Mebbie the shop could have a view of the catapult launching..

Advertisement