Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions/Help needed please!!...

Options
  • 21-10-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi All...

i'm heading down to limerick this friday for the weekend, i haven't been before and am really looking forward to heading out around the city.

My problem is that i'm staying in the Clarion Suites on Ennis Street and would really, really appreciate some directions on how best to get there...

I'm coming in on the N7 from dublin. Obviously i'm unfamiliar with the layout of the city and from what I can see from google maps the most direct route appears to be mostly one-way streets but heading in the opposite direction! Would someone please be kind enough to advise me as to the best route to take as Ennis Street appears to be quite long and i dont even know which end the hotel is on... if it makes any difference i expect to be arriving between 6-7 in the evening so i know i can expect serious traffic therefore any help i can get on directions would be greatly appreciated!!

Apologies for length of post and many thanks to all...

p.s. suggestions for a decent pub for trendy(ish!) 30-somethings would be also greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Come straight into the City following all the City Centre signs. When you arrive into the city centre with the river on your right you will get to a T Junction in front of you with the Hunt Museum in front of you.

The one system begins here and you must turn left.
    Turning left head straight along the one way system. You will pass a number of junctions and traffic lights. After Brown Thomas there is a pedestrian street to the left and the right with a Supermacs on your right. Ensure you are in the right hand lane because you will be turning right at the next set of lights.

Turn right at the lights and stay in the left lane. Both lanes can turn right but the left lane is a better lane to be in just in case the traffic around the corner is backed up.

In the left lane turning right(with Dunnes) in front of you will be a similar one way system with three lanes. Stay in the left lane because you want to turn left after the Church. You will cross the bridge over the Shannon with the Strand Hotel in front of you. Kept following this road along Ennis ROAD and you will pass through two junctions with traffic lights and just around the bend in the road(after the school & tennis courts) you will see the Clarion Suites.

or try this

http://www.aaireland.ie/routes

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Many Thanks Berty,
    was on the AA site but it's not detailed enough but thanks...

Your directions were exactly what i was after, i really appreciate it

all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Hi All...

i'm heading down to limerick this friday for the weekend, i haven't been before and am really looking forward to heading out around the city.

My problem is that i'm staying in the Clarion Suites on Ennis Street and would really, really appreciate some directions on how best to get there...

I'm coming in on the N7 from dublin. Obviously i'm unfamiliar with the layout of the city and from what I can see from google maps the most direct route appears to be mostly one-way streets but heading in the opposite direction! Would someone please be kind enough to advise me as to the best route to take as Ennis Street appears to be quite long and i dont even know which end the hotel is on... if it makes any difference i expect to be arriving between 6-7 in the evening so i know i can expect serious traffic therefore any help i can get on directions would be greatly appreciated!!

Apologies for length of post and many thanks to all...

p.s. suggestions for a decent pub for trendy(ish!) 30-somethings would be also greatly appreciated :D

So, how did you get on during your trip to Limerick? Limerick gets put down so much (quiet often on this thread) I'm always interested in hearing outsiders opinions when they vist the city for the first time. Its usually positive but what was your opinion OP on your first visit to Limerick!!??

Advertisement