Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singapore Bargains?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I hope to travel to Singapore in early December this year.:D
    I was wondering if anyone could offer advice as to what bargains there are out there.
    I have read the postings that are up, but if you could offer any further words of wisdom or any uptodate advice I would appreciate it.
    Thanks All!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I didn't see any bargains in Singapore. Lovely place but expensive!
    Best advice really would be to hop on a bus to Malaysia. It's only up the road. KL is 5 hours from Singapore and there are 8 floor shopping centres (one in Bukit Bintang) that have great deals on electronics. I got a 400 Euro camera for 250. That kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I found singapore cheaper for some things than kuala lumpur. I got my phone for 180 in Singapore. The cheapest my mate could find it for was 220. It was around 350 over here. Even just buying speakers was way cheaper. Try the Mustafa center in the Arab quarter. There seemed to be good deals on electronics, clothes and jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

Thanks quys, thats the kind of info Im was lookin for :D..
    I here that some of t electronics stuff out there is ahead of us..so Im thinkin bargins..Would like a phone or a good camera:rolleyes:
    Any tips for spotting the fakes...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Thanks quys, thats the kind of info Im was lookin for :D..
    I here that some of t electronics stuff out there is ahead of us..so Im thinkin bargins..Would like a phone or a good camera:rolleyes:
    Any tips for spotting the fakes...:confused:

I found that out there the fakes are much cheaper than the real ones. And that they don't try sell you a fake one as a real one. The fake ones are more so for the people who can't afford the real one. I was a bit skeptical of that too but anyone i asked always showed me the fake things they were selling and explained the above to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.simlimsquare.com.sg/

Watch out for the quick ones though but good deals can be had

• Advertisement
Advertisement