Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Phone - Can not access Internet or Email

• 21-10-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder can anyone help here as 3 Ireland Customer Support are not much help.

I have a 3 Phone for about 10 months and I was using it with a 1GB add-on to get my emails as well and internet browsing. A week ago, I could not connect to any website other than the 3 website (www.three.ie) and I could not download any emails. I tried using the phone is several locations but still no joy. I had another 3 phone, so I put the sim card in that - still no joy.

Rang 3 Customer Support last week, went through all the usual stuff, turn off the phone, take out the battery and sim replace and turn on. Rang them on Monday, did all the same stuff again, they said go to a 3 store and get a new sim, which I did and after activation and a long wait still no internet or data. While in the 3 Store the salesman tried his sim in my phone and everything data and all worked fine.

Yesterday I rang Customer Support again, it was like I never rang before, take out the battery, sim, bla bla bla...

I had an old Speakeasy o2 sim an I popped it into my main phone which is unlocked, changed the Access point and WOW the difference in speed was amazing... Now o2 have 99c 50Meg a day I'm using that now.

I've seen posts here complaining about Three, but I had no problem up until now. I would like to sort out my three phone as I have a lot of unused credit. But after that I will be going elsewhere.

If anyone out there has any advice on my 3 data problem, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It seems to me that its a problem on 3's end. You have proved the phone is fine with other sims, and you can connect to the net with the 3 sim so you have the correct settings, but when you can only access the 3 site, its seems like a problem with your account setup. Stuff like this is beyond 3's comprehension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Go back into the store and ask them to get it sorted for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

My advice is get off the three network as soon as possible. I have been on best of both and was using their 1GB add on, had no problems until the 13th of this month. Since then had no internet access except for one day and had my minutes locked, which is another story. But basically I went through the same routine as you...daily phone calls...blah blah blah...no records of previous calls and what they did...basically I still havent got it sorted and I am cancelling my contract. I was a major fan of 3 until now but when you have a problem their customer care is the absolute pits..Run for the hills...The problem is on their end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

OK, an update - First off, thanks for the replies folks.

Today, a 3 Tech Support guy rang me at lunchtime and sorted the problem.

I didn't ask what it was, I think I was taken by suprise the internet was working again after trying it every day for 10 days.

On another point, I had been using a o2 sim card to stay connected and was very impressed with the better connection speeds. However, I occassionally do some work in a remote area in Co. Kildare and the o2 sim would not get the internet. The 3 sim always worked very well in Co. Kildare for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ecodub wrote: »
    Today, a 3 Tech Support guy rang me at lunchtime and sorted the problem.

What do you get for not being able to use the add on for ten days which you had paid for? Not to mention the extra money you spent using o2's service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement