Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers player Maurice Edu racially abused by his own fans [mod warning post #23]

• 21-10-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

Looks like it might only have been a single fan but yet another embarrassment for the club.

Last night Maurice Edu posted the following on his twitter account:

"Not sure what hurt more: result last nite or being racially abused by couple of r own fans as I'm getting in my car..."

I see RFC have come out and rightly condemned this but surely this allows a heap more scorn to pour forward onto this club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Its disgusting, and Rangers, the RST and other fans organisations have immediately come out and condemned it.

But its one or two people, not a large group, and if they are caught then they should be dealt with appropriately. It could have happened anywhere in this fine city.

What else can the club, or indeed its fans, do about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Eirebear wrote: »
    Its disgusting, and Rangers, the RST and other fans organisations have immediately come out and condemned it.

But its one or two people, not a large group, and if they are caught then they should be dealt with appropriately. It could have happened anywhere in this fine city.

Spot on.

There are no stupid clubs, only stupid people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bobbysands continues his record of only ever contributing to this forum when its to do with negative stories about Rangers.

total non story, one or two fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Looks like it might only have been a single fan but yet another embarrassment for the club.

Last night Maurice Edu posted the following on his twitter account:

"Not sure what hurt more: result last nite or being racially abused by couple of r own fans as I'm getting in my car..."

I see RFC have come out and rightly condemned this but surely this allows a heap more scorn to pour forward onto this club?
    Ironic usernames ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Bobbysands continues his record of only ever contributing to this forum when its to do with negative stories about Rangers.

Racism is a non-story??? Fair enough so.

I am regularly critical of Celtic and its fans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

While it's absolutely repulsive for anyone to be abused like that, any player who decides to play for Rangers FC knows the score with some of the fan base. A black American footballer and Rangers... c'mon, it was only a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Poster called "Bobby Sands" in anti-Rangers thread shocker. Imagine that.

PauloMN wrote: »
    While it's absolutely repulsive for anyone to be abused like that, any player who decides to play for Rangers FC knows the score with some of the fan base. A black American footballer and Rangers... c'mon, it was only a matter of time.

Ah now Paul come on.

Edu has been taken brilliantly by the Rangers support and your comments are well out of order.
    What Edu recieved last night was disgusting, but it was "a couple of people".

Rangers have never had an issue with racism towards their own black players, or towards others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Oh Paul you really are at it now it's not our club who has a history of abusing black players and while it was repulsive the guy himself has said it was a couple of guys.
    Yes they are scum and I hope they are caught but trying to play the big bad Rangers card.
    thought better of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Man. What the f**k is up with you only coming on here to talk anti-Rangers. Get a F**king life.

Seriously, I never see you contribute to any other thread. Maybe in the Celtic one the odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Rangers have never had an issue with racism towards their own black players, or towards others.

Just the Irish, right? But sure that's not really racism... that's just banter.

Sorry EB, as soon as I heard he signed I knew it would just be a matter of time. It's awful abuse and should be stamped out, but there's no point in him being shocked and surprised at it given some of the fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Mr Alan wrote: »

If its a total non story to you then why post here, ignore it and move on carry on your Rafagate :rolleyes: (underachieving one time big club lose! wow what a story) ;)

Back on Topic, yes abviously disgusting behaviour but in fairness what can the club do about this type of moronic behaviour??

Back on Topic, yes abviously disgusting behaviour but in fairness what can the club do about this type of moronic behaviour??

At least they moved quickly and swiftly in condemning this behaviour.

Just the Irish, right? But sure that's not really racism... that's just banter.

Sorry EB, as soon as I heard he signed I knew it would just be a matter of time. It's awful abuse and should be stamped out, but there's no point in him being shocked and surprised at it given some of the fanbase.

What, is this based on the abuse that Bougherra, Wallace, Beasley etc have recieved over the years?
    To be fair, Mark Walter did get Bananas thrown at him...no...wait that was at Parkhead.

We know the issues the Rangers support have, theyre well known. Lets try and not make up some more just for the hell of it eh?

What, is this based on the abuse that Bougherra, Wallace, Beasley etc have recieved over the years?
    To be fair, Mark Walter did get Bananas thrown at him...no...wait that was at Parkhead.

We know the issues the Rangers support have, theyre well known. Lets try and not make up some more just for the hell of it eh?

That's cool. Just giving my thoughts on it, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Rangers fans in racist row.. Man walks on moon, Titanic sinks etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

*Veers away from thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

I love when stories like this come out about rangers supporters and you always have apologists coming out with the "ah but sure its only a few supporters who did it" line. Makes me laugh every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

scoring-points-how-tesco-continues-win-customer-loyalty-clive-humby-paperback-cover-art.jpg

I love when stories like this come out about rangers supporters and you always have apologists coming out with the "ah but sure its only a few supporters who did it" line. Makes me laugh every time.

The problem with your point is that Edu himself said it was only a couple of people I won't call them fans I suppose every fan of your club whoever they may be is whiter than white. As has been stated earlier we know there is a problem element amongst our support but please spare me from the self righteous guff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I honestly can't think of any other example where a black player was racial abused by even 1 or 2 of his own fans in Britain. Can you? To me it seems that for some bizarre reason Rangers seems to have a continuous element of "one or two" stupid fans who do this kind of thing but no other club in Britain does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Consider this fair warning: if anyone even looks funny at another poster from now on I will be coming down hard on them.

Any breach of charter will result in a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

The problem with your point is that Edu himself said it was only a couple of people I won't call them fans I suppose every fan of your club whoever they may be is whiter than white. As has been stated earlier we know there is a problem element amongst our support but please spare me from the self righteous guff

my point is that all these incidents involving rangers supporters are apparently just 1 or 2 bad eggs, but these bad eggs are becoming quite an army at this stage

my point is that all these incidents involving rangers supporters are apparently just 1 or 2 bad eggs, but these bad eggs are becoming quite an army at this stage

And my point still stands Edu said himself that it was a couple of people and again can you say every "Fan" of your club is whiter than white

I honestly can't think of any other example where a black player was racial abused by even 1 or 2 of his own fans in Britain. Can you? To me it seems that for some bizarre reason Rangers seems to have a continuous element of "one or two" stupid fans who do this kind of thing but no other club in Britain does.

LOL thats hilarious so it's ok as long as it's players from opposing teams that are getting abused :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

Even though it was "only a few fans" I'm not at all surprised. There is quite a large contingent of Rangers fans who openly support hardcore right wing groups. Remember it was " a small section" of Rangers fans that gave the nazi salute during a champions league visit to Israel! This "small section" of fans also have strong links with the BNP. They routinely dished out racist abuse to Neil Lennon for being Irish and Nakamura for being Asian (Nakamura eats dogs etc etc etc). Not to mention their numerous anti-Irish songs, most notably "the famine" song.

However you can't speak out against Rangers behaviour without the PC brigade claiming the same exists at Celtic. The fact of the matter is racism is far more inherent at Rangers than it is at Celtic, which is why Uefa have only felt the need to clamp down on rangers. When Celtic play Rangers, you hear the "Fields of Athenry" (Hardly a racist song), being met with "The famine is over , go home" (clearly racst).

If you still are under any illusion as to which club is the most troublesome, just check out Champions league security operations. When Rangers played in Barcelona, the authorities more than doubled the amount of security that was used when Celtic visited the city. Need I mention Manchester?

Celtic are historically a "left wing" leaning club, intially founded by immigrants. Rangers is historically a right wing club thats hates the "immigrants" and everything else they deem as foreign.

I should reiterate, this is only a "small section of fans" but this "small section of fans" is significantly bigger than most other Clubs in Europe.

Rondolfus wrote: »
    Even though it was "only a few fans" I'm not at all surprised. There is quite a large contingent of Rangers fans who openly support hardcore right wing groups. Remember it was " a small section" of Rangers fans that gave the nazi salute during a champions league visit to Israel! This "small section" of fans also have strong links with the BNP. They routinely dished out racist abuse to Neil Lennon for being Irish and Nakamura for being Asian (Nakamura eats dogs etc etc etc). Not to mention their numerous anti-Irish songs, most notably "the famine" song.

However you can't speak out against Rangers behaviour without the PC brigade claiming the same exists at Celtic. The fact of the matter is racism is far more inherent at Rangers than it is at Celtic, which is why Uefa have only felt the need to clamp down on rangers. When Celtic play Rangers, you hear the "Fields of Athenry" (Hardly a racist song), being met with "The famine is over , go home" (clearly racst).

If you still are under any illusion as to which club is the most troublesome, just check out Champions league security operations. When Rangers played in Barcelona, the authorities more than doubled the amount of security that was used when Celtic visited the city. Need I mention Manchester?

Celtic are historically a "left wing" leaning club, intially founded by immigrants. Rangers is historically a right wing club thats hates the "immigrants" and everything else they deem as foreign.

I should reiterate, this is only a "small section of fans" but this "small section of fans" is significantly bigger than most other Clubs in Europe.

Yes a left wing club with a war monger as chairman, The fields of Athenry ( a song I love ) but perceived wrongly in my opinion as a republican song, The famine song is a joke and was it only people who were RC's that died in the famine but I will say the people who that song was directed at were the plastic's who would have trouble finding Ireland on a map glad it's very rarely sung now.

Yes we are all racist bigots in the eyes of many whereas it's perfectly acceptable to sing songs about Novo dieing in his sleep with a bullet in his head from the IRA :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Yes a left wing club with a war monger as chairman, The fields of Athenry ( a song I love ) but perceived wrongly in my opinion as a republican song, The famine song is a joke and was it only people who were RC's that died in the famine but I will say the people who that song was directed at were the plastic's who would have trouble finding Ireland on a map glad it's very rarely sung now.

Yes we are all racist bigots in the eyes of many whereas it's perfectly acceptable to sing songs about Novo dieing in his sleep with a bullet in his head from the IRA :rolleyes:

How is he a 'war monger'?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

FFs I suggest you read up some fact on your esteemed chairman ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Iraq War

Funnily enough one of the UK papers reports on it they mention some more abuse received by Edu:
    Guardian wrote: »
    Edu joined Rangers for £2.6m from Toronto FC in August 2008, and complained of racist abuse soon after signing, suggesting that Celtic fans had sent him offensive messages via Twitter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/21/maurice-edu-rangers-racist-abuse

Pesky racists everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

FFs I suggest you read up some fact on your esteemed chairman ;)

My esteemed chairman?? What you on about:rolleyes:

My esteemed chairman?? What you on about:rolleyes:

OK so your not a Celtic fan the points made are valid :p

SantryRed wrote: »
    Man. What the f**k is up with you only coming on here to talk anti-Rangers. Get a F**king life.

Seriously, I never see you contribute to any other thread. Maybe in the Celtic one the odd time.

So I should ignore racism from Rangers fans because I'm a Celtic fan?

That logic doesn't add up my friend.

Yes a left wing club with a war monger as chairman,

Yet more stuff we agree on.

Yet more stuff we agree on.

LOL I know we had better watch out or people will start to talk :o:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So I should ignore racism from Rangers fans because I'm a Celtic fan?

That logic doesn't add up my friend.

Why have you not commented yet, on this?
    :rolleyes:
    Iraq War

Funnily enough one of the UK papers reports on it they mention some more abuse received by Edu:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/21/maurice-edu-rangers-racist-abuse

Pesky racists everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

This thread is a waste of space. Maurice Edu is absolutely loved by all Rangers fans, fans can't actually wait for the kid to return from injury to actually add a bit of style to their team. A mate of mine, a big Rangers fan, can't wait for the kid to return as his form towards end of last season was fantastic. Another player of african origin, Madrid Bougherra is also revered by the Rangers supporters. To claim Rangers fans are now racist against black players because some "druken low life ned of a so called supporter" abuses Mo Edu is just ridiculous. A complete non story. It amazes me when something like this is posted on an Internet forum, all of a sudden Rangers fans have links with X, Y and Z, you name it, if it is perceived to be negative Rangers fans will have an association with it!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Des wrote: »
    Why have you not commented yet, on this?
    :rolleyes:

First time I've seen it.

A very tenuous link to Celtic in that article but let's just *pretend* there's proof and it was a Celtic fan...

I don't care who makes the racist comments, Celtic fans or Rangers fans, both are scum if they make racist remarks.

I consistently slate Celtic fans who step out of line, racism should not be tolerated whatsoever in society, if Celtic fans are ever racist I will utterly slate them too. If for a second you'd think I'd stick up for a racist Celtic fan then that's just being delusional.

Keep posting stuff like this Des and I'll keep slating it.

Brewster wrote: »
    Maurice Edu is absolutely loved by all Rangers fans

Should you not change that to "nearly all"?

First time I've seen it.

A very tenuous link to Celtic in that article but let's just *pretend* there's proof and it was a Celtic fan...

I don't care who makes the racist comments, Celtic fans or Rangers fans, both are scum if they make racist remarks.

I consistently slate Celtic fans who step out of line, racism should not be tolerated whatsoever in society, if Celtic fans are ever racist I will utterly slate them too. If for a second you'd think I'd stick up for a racist Celtic fan then that's just being delusional.

Keep posting stuff like this Des and I'll keep slating it.

You really have to stop this Bobby it's could get messy all this agreeing with one another. :p

• Advertisement

Should you not change that to "nearly all"?

No, because in a scenario like this, the one lowlife "fan" is irrelevant in my eyes.

Funny how those defending Rangers can never give an explanation for their consistent terrible behaviour in Europe. Their behaviour which is in tune with their philosophy of "hating everything foreign." Remember the following article? Written by a Spanish journalist after a Rangers CL game. Really hits the nail on the head , and is true for most of their away visits. Regardless what you think of Celtic, you can't deny they have an impeccable away record when it comes to fan relations and they have even suceeded making friendships with clubs like St Pauli and Villarreal (my team). Rangers have isolated themsleves by their inherent xenophobia, in a similar way that Lazio have.

PLEASE, DON'T EVER COME BACK AGAIN

Dear Rangers supporters- never come back to Barcelona again.And not because your players themselves aren’t a legitimate team. No, it’s not because of that- the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn’t be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona, because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don’t come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don’t play in the Champions’ League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense.

There are noisy groups of supporters who, although they drink vast amounts of beer, make friends at the same time. But you? Not you, because everywhere you go, you turn into a rubbish tip. You are undesirables. And so are those who fraudulently sell, or “rent out” their tickets. These people screw Barca over, because they trade their season tickets illegally. And in doing this they cause massive annoyance for other members of the club. A true Barcelona fan would not re-sell their ticket for the match. If you are not going to the match, give it to a family member, or you could even use the 'Seient Lliure' service (an automated ticket service used by some Spanish clubs including Barcelona).

From now on, the responsibility lies with UEFA and the club itself to ensure who the ticket is sold to. The best thing for all of us would be that you as a supporter, in a moment of lucidity, decide not to travel if you do not have tickets. As that is never going to happen, those who sell the tickets illegally must be brought to justice. But the best thing would be if we never had to play Rangers again.

(Printed in El Mundo, 8/11/2007)

Funny how those defending Rangers can never give an explanation for their consistent terrible behaviour in Europe. Their behaviour which is in tune with their philosophy of "hating everything foreign." Remember the following article? Written by a Spanish journalist after a Rangers CL game. Really hits the nail on the head , and is true for most of their away visits. Regardless what you think of Celtic, you can't deny they have an impeccable away record when it comes to fan relations and they have even suceeded making friendships with clubs like St Pauli and Villarreal (my team). Rangers have isolated themsleves by their inherent xenophobia, in a similar way that Lazio have.

Are you going to take on board what happened or just use this to have a go at Rangers THIS WAS THE ACT OF ONE OR TWO PEOPLE AS HAS BEEN SAID BY EDU HIMSELF. And if you can show me any club of significant size that does not have morons in it's support then that would really interest me.

Are you going to take on board what happened or just use this to have a go at Rangers THIS WAS THE ACT OF ONE OR TWO PEOPLE AS HAS BEEN SAID BY EDU HIMSELF. And if you can show me any club of significant size that does not have morons in it's support then that would really interest me.

Every club has morons. It just so happens that Rangers have more than the average which is why double the security is needed when Rangers play in Spain than is needed for Celtic.

Also , I brought the issue of the Rangers fans behaviour abroad becuase the thread has gone off on a tangent about how Celtic fans are just as bad" as Rangers, which I don't feel is supported by any facts at all.

Yes Celtic have some idiots, but the fact of the matter is Rangers have the reputation of being trouble-makers not only in mainland Europe but also in Britain as seen by their recent trip to manchester.

I am not even a Celtic fan so I have no agenda. Back to the orignal point I wouldn't be suprised if it was thousands of Rangers fans that racially abused the young lad becuase after all the club is well known for its xenophobia and for its links with the BNP. True two fans don't represent a club, but racism and Rangers seem to go hand in hand.

Every club has morons. It just so happens that Rangers have more than the average which is why double the security is needed when Rangers play in Spain than is needed for Celtic.

Also , I brought the issue of the Rangers fans behaviour abroad becuase the thread has gone off on a tangent about how Celtic fans are just as bad" as Rangers, which I don't feel is supported by any facts at all.

Yes Celtic have some idiots, but the fact of the matter is Rangers have the reputation of being trouble-makers not only in mainland Europe but also in Britain as seen by their recent trip to manchester.

I am not even a Celtic fan so I have no agenda. Back to the orignal point I wouldn't be suprised if it was thousands of Rangers fans that racially abused the young lad becuase after all the club is well known for its xenophobia and for its links with the BNP. True two fans don't represent a club, but racism and Rangers seem to go hand in hand.

The Rangers Football club has no links to the BNP anymore than Celtic football club have links to the IRA certain factions of fans of both clubs have links to each organisation.

The fact whether you would be surprised if it was thousands is irrelevant as has been stated it was a couple of people.

Rangers have had many coloured players in there ranks and none have been abused Beasley. Darchville, Cousin, Walters, Bernard to name a few you really need to look outside that bubble of perfection you seem to live in or are you in all honesty going to tell me your club does not have a certain amount of fans who are undesirable.

The thread has went more off tangent with your exercise in trying to tar all Rangers fans with the same brush

The thread has went more off tangent with your exercise in trying to tar all Rangers fans with the same brush

Firstly I think the post was relevant because the previous posts were getting into the business of comparing Celtic and Rangers. One post was even having a go at the Celtic chairman. How relevant that to the original topic? I was merely stating, whether you like it or not, in Europe it is Rangers that are percieved as the trouble-makers which is why their presence warrants double the level of security. Rangers fans were in trouble with Uefa for giving the nazi salute while playing in Israel, why would I be surpsied that SOME of their fans made racist remarks to edu??

Secondly, I never tried to tar all Rangers fans with the same Brush. I said that the proportion of troublemakers at Rangers is greater than that of the average club its size ( which again is backed up by their recent history) . Even though its still a minority it is a large minority.

Rangers have had many coloured players in there ranks and none have been abused Beasley. Darchville, Cousin, Walters, Bernard to name a few

I think you'll find the term "coloured" is actually quite offensive. Anyway, a huge amount of Catholic players have played for Rangers in the last ten years but this hasn't stopped a large proportion of the fans being venemously anti-Catholic. So why do you think the presence of the above players would stop them being racist? Cetlic is historically left wing, Rangers is historically right wing. I know this and I'm not a fan of either! Racism is quite common among right wing organisations.

Rondolfus, I am afraid you are very much misinformed. On Rangers run to Uefa Cup final two years ago, they visited many countries and they had the sum total of "zero" fan arrests! I would take the word of the Spanish Police before some random journalist! So something doesn't add up here re this bad behaviour? Manchester was always going to be troublesome due to amount of football hooligans in the city that day.

Manchester was always going to be troublesome due to amount of football hooligans in the city that day.

Why was there more football hooligans than normal?? Could it be because Rangers were playing? How come there didn't seem to be any when United played Celtic??

I'm just saying what the majority of European football fans think i.e Rangers are a right wing club. I lived in Rome for two years and noticed a similar defensive atitude with Lazio fans. People in Italy looked upon them as fascists, they would naturally respond all guns blazing about the ills of AS Roma. The more criticism they got the more they fell into a siege mentality. They thought they were being picked on yada yada yada.... Around Europe Lazio have a bad reputation regardless of what they say. The same is true for Rangers. When I was living in Rome, sports shops wouldn't stock Rangers jerseys becuase they perceived them as extremely anti-Catholic. The fact is the majority of Europe is Catholic, therefore regardless of Rangers behaviour, it isn't hard to see why they are not exactly welcomed with open arms to the likes of Spain and Italy considering their anti-Catholic ethos.

Rondolfus, I am afraid you are very much misinformed. On Rangers run to Uefa Cup final two years ago, they visited many countries and they had the sum total of "zero" fan arrests!

I presume you can back this up with fact?
    I would take the word of the Spanish Police before some random journalist! So something doesn't add up here re this bad behaviour? Manchester was always going to be troublesome due to amount of football hooligans in the city that day.

So who were these hooligans there to support??? Oh yes, it was Rangers!

I presume you can back this up with fact?

So who were these hooligans there to support??? Oh yes, it was Rangers!

I remember reading this at time of their run to UEFA final, this included their CL away games. I was very surprised myself that at least a few drunks weren't arrested for minor offences but apparently not. These were official police reports in the cities they visited. Would be very hard to track down all these reports at this stage.

Hooligans dont support teams Bobby. They fight, thats what they do. They have no interest in tactics, team selections. They simply have an urge to fight, anyone, anywhere anytime....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement