Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Good Book...

• 21-10-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

I've just finished 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' and I'm now in the mood (it's been a long time) for a Biography or autobiography. so that's my question anyone read a good one lately about any photographers that you were plesently surprised by.

I've been thinking about the Bob Carlos Clarke one. but I'm open to other suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I've just finished 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' and I'm now in the mood (it's been a long time) for a

good lord, I fainted after that.......:eek:

/goes back to read rest of post ! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

good lord, I fainted after that.......:eek:

/goes back to read rest of post ! :p:D

Thanks.
    I've just spat my tea all over the computer.:D

Its lucky you didn't spell 'book' wrong in the title aswell :D:D
    /otherwise I'd be dead ! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I'm glad I'm not the only one that read it like that!!

Meet you behind the Wood Shed ;)

Meet you behind the Wood Shed wink.gif
    Thanks CabanSail, but I'm spoken for.......:pac::p

Okay, lets back on topic >>>

• Advertisement

this did cheer me up a lot..

yes back to the topic of BOOKS good ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Typical boys, eh.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to recommend actually. There is an Ansel Adams autobiography and one I wouldn't mind reading either is a biography of Robert Doisneau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

I've just started reading Lady Chatterlys Lover!
    I know its not a photography biography, but Nigel Slater (the fab chef) has a brilliant autobiography. Its quite witty and with a foodie theme running through it. A very good read :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Read this Diane Arbus bio and enjoyed it - She was from a very prvileged background but lived a very bohemian life.

http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Arbus-Biography-Patricia-Bosworth/dp/0393326616/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256163593&sr=8-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Dialogue with Photography. Can't recall the authors but it's a series of interviews with people like Man Ray, Bresson, Smith etc. Not a biog but a great, very interesting book.

• Advertisement

So I went into town on Saturday saw a great book on Lee Miller. But my eyes got distracted buy another book on Paper Pinhole Cameras. Guess what I bought the Pinhole camera book.

So I might buy the Lee Miller book next weekend.

Advertisement