Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog had a Seizure

Options
  • 21-10-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My dog had a seizure this morning. He seems ok now. The vet on the phone said it could be epilepsy. Should we take him to see a vet? He is about 11-12 yrs old.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

yeah, best to have him checked out!!! best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yes I would suggest you get to a vet as soon as you can, whether he never has one again, or has several it needs to be checked out as soon as possible.

I've seen footage of seizures of boxers and other breeds and it's most horrible to watch so if you can do something to prevent future occurances I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If it is indeed epilepsy, most cases can be kept in check with medication, if caught early.

So yes, the vets is a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Definitely take him to the vet. If it is epilepsy medication will keep it under control, but it's best to find out exactly what caused the seizure

Advertisement