Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couple of questions about going back to Oz

Options
  • 21-10-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all, I lived in Oz for 2.5 years, in which time i was not seriously thinking about staying long term so i mostly worked ABN and did not pay tax as i knew i would not be staying. things have since changed since my return to Ireland and I find myself wanting to go back...will this outstanding tax hurt my chance of a visa?i aslo have a s*itload of toll fines from using the tolls around sydney in my name so the same question again.i dont mind going back on a 3 month holiday visa to start cause i have work to start as soon as i get there with an old boss but should i get sponsorship sorted before i do a days work at all or are they that fussy?thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

you wont be granted a new visa till you pay all the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

I find it interesting that you pretty much took the michael out of Australian law and not only are you hoping to go back and live there but again you are planning to go back on a holiday visa and start working when you do not have a right to do so. How can you honestly expect to get to stay with an attitude like yours (and that is not me saying that you will not get to stay :) ) but I certainly would not start your second time in Australia on the wrong side of Australia law...you have already but several barriers in the way of getting a visa as you have hardly made yourself out to be the ideal citizen. If you want to help your case you may want to clear your debts of your own accord...showing that you know you took the piss and now you want to make ammends for that.
    You may well find this is the classic...your past coming to bite you on a ass but good luck...I suspect you are going to need a lot of it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

Mcloke wrote: »
    I find it interesting that you pretty much took the michael out of Australian law and not only are you hoping to go back and live there but again you are planning to go back on a holiday visa and start working when you do not have a right to do so. How can you honestly expect to get to stay with an attitude like yours (and that is not me saying that you will not get to stay :) ) but I certainly would not start your second time in Australia on the wrong side of Australia law...you have already but several barriers in the way of getting a visa as you have hardly made yourself out to be the ideal citizen. If you want to help your case you may want to clear your debts of your own accord...showing that you know you took the piss and now you want to make ammends for that.
    You may well find this is the classic...your past coming to bite you on a ass but good luck...I suspect you are going to need a lot of it :rolleyes:

mmmm, so ya reckon i took piss a bit out there do ya? well gee wizz, i never thought of it myself that way!! what a clever person, and a great crusader for defending all moral ethics. your response did in no way answer my question, and if i am looking for people to look down their noses at me i will toodle down to my local church, in short thanks for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

mmmm, so ya reckon i took piss a bit out there do ya? well gee wizz, i never thought of it myself that way!! what a clever person, and a great crusader for defending all moral ethics. your response did in no way answer my question, and if i am looking for people to look down their noses at me i will toodle down to my local church, in short thanks for nothing

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi all, I lived in Oz for 2.5 years, in which time i was not seriously thinking about staying long term so i mostly worked ABN and did not pay tax as i knew i would not be staying. things have since changed since my return to Ireland and I find myself wanting to go back...will this outstanding tax hurt my chance of a visa?i aslo have a s*itload of toll fines from using the tolls around sydney in my name so the same question again.i dont mind going back on a 3 month holiday visa to start cause i have work to start as soon as i get there with an old boss but should i get sponsorship sorted before i do a days work at all or are they that fussy?thanks for any help

Advice
    1: Be advised there is a question on the form for PR possibly for the 457 as well ."Do you owe the Australian Goverment money?"

2: You cannot work on a Holiday VISA at all.

3: What did your old boss employ you as? You still need a skill on the skills lists to be sponsored for a 457. These skills often request a 18Month Prior experience to be proven in that Skill. In your case your Aus employer may be that proof. In which case this will surface the whole "Why have you no Tax record for that Period?"

4: 2.5 Years in Oz , I am assuming you where on a 2 Year WHV and spent some time out of Oz in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

LOL tender about your past biting you on the ass eh :)
    I did offer you advice...get your wallet out and pay your debts and don't go on a holiday visa and start working...sort out your sponsorship first!
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement