Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options
  • 21-10-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Cannot wait... 2 more days for official release in shops.. any1 got it via play or shopto yet??

It would really help if people could post prices here as i am not too sure where i'll get it.. im thinking Xtravision with the free football :D

But does anyone know if Tesco will be selling it earlier? Midnight launch? Cheap price? Or even Xtravision for that matter?? any inside info...

Thanks a lot guys.. This year PES is gonna be ace!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    Cannot wait... 2 more days for official release in shops.. any1 got it via play or shopto yet??

It would really help if people could post prices here as i am not too sure where i'll get it.. im thinking Xtravision with the free football :D

But does anyone know if Tesco will be selling it earlier? Midnight launch? Cheap price? Or even Xtravision for that matter?? any inside info...

Thanks a lot guys.. This year PES is gonna be ace!!!

I admire your optimism. I too hope it will be good cos I've played Fifa and I don't like it at all and if PES is bad then I won't know what to do...go back to PES 2009 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

From every review I have read (some bad, some good) every one says it is an improvement on pes2009

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Yesssssssss...

This year is very good, much better than the demo as from the PES Fan forum, many people recieving theirs today

AS LONG AS your a Pes fan, your loyalty will be rewarded this year!! :D:D:D

So any news on prices/deals/early availability??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oxis

I just heard that one shop in Cork has broken the release date and is selling PES 2010. I am trying to confirm this as I cannot find any shops in Dublin that have released the game early. Anybody heard anything?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Tesco and Xtravision are close to each other in Letterkenny so i'll shop around first to see what the prices are like.
    Hope it's an improvement on the demo because i've been getting it since it was out on Ps1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

oxis wrote: »
    I just heard that one shop in Cork has broken the release date and is selling PES 2010. I am trying to confirm this as I cannot find any shops in Dublin that have released the game early. Anybody heard anything?!!

Back a few years ago, once one shop broke, they were all able to. Not sure if it's still the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am planning on getting this on Friday but I have to go to Galway on Friday night. So no PES for me till Sunday :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I'll prolly pick it up in Tesco if it's cheap as I plan to rent it from xtravision for a week but that will cost about 15euros anyway so...

15 Euro week rental? what Xtravision do you goto?? It's 7.95 here..

I've been speaking to few friends of mine in various shops and they all seem to be waiting for the first store to break the release date and then they will all follow. Keep us posted if anyone finds it for sale before Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'll be heading into the city (Cork) tomorrow morning so I'll be keeping a look out for it

Anybody hear anything yet?

I'm probably going to start sounding crazy for trying so hard to get this game even a little earlier than the release date, but PES is the only reason I have a ps3 and I've been so disappointed with the last couple of versions that I am pinning all hope on this latest installment from Konami.

Anyway, after ringing lots of shops to see if the release date will be broken, here is my results;
    Game, HMV and Gamestop all seem to believe that the release date will be broken this evening after 6pm. They all seem a little annoyed that a lot of people have been able to get the game earlier than the release date from online vendors.
    Tesco in Dundrum shopping center is open 24 hours and they have confirmed that after 12am they will be able to sell the game. The game may be on general sale before then but in case its not, then tesco will have it for anyone wanting to sneak in a game or two before bedtime!!

Hope this helps any of you pro evo junkies who are as excited about this year's release as I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jivemonster2

Cheers oxis! Good man for ringing around, any word from Tesco on a super cheap 35 euro deal yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Yeah, I'll only pick this up if its €35 so I'm banking on Tesco coming through for me here.

Brilliant oxis!! Nice one! I canny wait to play it.. I won't be able to get to a midnight copy.. but i reckon i'll pop up to Tesco/Xtravision at 9ish to see if they'll give it to me...

Mate, you should ring up an xtravision there... they'd be reliable.. last year a mate of mine got in on the thursday at about 7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    Yesssssssss...

This year is very good, much better than the demo as from the PES Fan forum, many people recieving theirs today

AS LONG AS your a Pes fan, your loyalty will be rewarded this year!! :D:D:D

So any news on prices/deals/early availability??

What a load of bull.. As long as your a PES fan?! Does that mean you only like this new steaming pile of muck if you are blindly devoted to the series, rather than making an objective opinion based on whether its actually any use?!

Iv been playing since ISS on the megadrive, and wont be buying this year for the first time. Unless its proven to me that it has actually addressed the issues from the previous appalling editions. I wish it was going to be great, i do. Sh1t not having that excitement about a game anymore.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Does that mean you only like this new steaming pile of muck if you are blindly devoted to the series, rather than making an objective opinion based on whether its actually any use?!

Yes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    What a load of bull.. As long as your a PES fan?! Does that mean you only like this new steaming pile of muck if you are blindly devoted to the series, rather than making an objective opinion based on whether its actually any use?!

Iv been playing since ISS on the megadrive, and wont be buying this year for the first time. Unless its proven to me that it has actually addressed the issues from the previous appalling editions. I wish it was going to be great, i do. Sh1t not having that excitement about a game anymore.

Knicker.Twist.In.A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right im actually feeling quick confused and pissed at same time here.

I got the new pro evo and forza 3 in the post yesterday morning i played few games of pro evo and just felt ehhhh....
    So stuck on forza and played it rest the day and night i know what game ill be going back to after work.

So my problem is im annoyed i went and believed the rubbish YET AGAIN this year ahhh this year so many improvments bla bla bla but fecking nothing fifa is still better and i hate this.

I used to love pro evo i would play it all year until the next one was out but last 2 or 3 years i have barely played it few weeks never mind year or two.

They have ruined this series of games seriously i mean i really want this game to be good really im gonna go back give it bit more time theres just some many stupid little annoying problems that are puttin me off and making me think im gonna trade this game in which i rarely ever do.

Passing is awful looks so fake to be honest short pass horrible slow not one bit smooth long slighty better but still bad. I mean using the triangle button threw pass on ps3 on the ground and over the defender is just mank this used be one best ways of settting up a chance on the older pes games but now the ball might as well be a fecking brick as it just plods along.

Player movement is awful both to look at and to play. No matter how fast your player is and how skillfull his stats and so on are everyone looks and feels sluggish :mad: !! this is so bloody annoying it is the main thing that is ruining the flow of the game i mean if u compared these two things on pes and fifa fifa pisses all over pes in gameplay i mean couple years back i would of laughed if someone told me this.

Shooting is much more simple then fifa for example i scored a couple of very long range goals in one game with Wayne Rooney playing agaisnt Liverpool they seem to just go in fairly handy which looks nice but i have feeling will get boring after a while as i prefer a bit of a challange in shooting makes game more exciting.

So there bad things i have noticed so far to be honest they have slightly made the game better then the last couple years but i mean thats not good enough cause last couple years games been total ****e and to be honest its not much better now.

I really really seriously want to come back here in couple of days and say i was wrong and that i love this game but unless Konami seriously cop the feck on with this game im not gonna waste my money on this anymore and fifa have my vote fifa 10 is a great game u feel good playing it and i dont feel that way right now with pro evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Whats the online like?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Aint tried it yet didnt get excited enough :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

First impressions are the same angerfist, just slow sluggish and not exciting at all. Can barely move the players, to be honest I never saw any big problems with 2009 version other than that when on unassisted, you can't control the keeper. They fixed that this year (2009 was the only year you couldn't control him) back to the way it should be but this year I definitely see a problem with the gameplay. Maybe it's something I just need to get used to but so far it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I remember my first impression every time i got a new evo. It was always "i dont like this" or "its too slow" or something... a day or two later, I'm hooked. The last few evo's didn't have that feeling, I could just pick it up straight away on launch day, and be amazing at it. The learning curve is back with this edition and i guarantee you, it will be very satisfying once you get the hang of it

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Its always the sign of a good one, disappointing at the start.

It just means your out of your comfort zone of the last edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm still undecided between this and Fifa, but glad I have both. This is the first year I've enjoyed Fifa. The Pro Evo gameplay now seems to be more about good build up play - which is a good thing. I'm finding through balls much harder to pull off, and the AI alot better. I'm finding matches ending in draws or 1-0's as opposed to the higher scores I used to get. This is good as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was a bit silly being able to run the length of the pitch and crack one in from 30 yards with Messi. No more of this as far as I can see. Playing on top level BTW.

What I don't like is it feels very un-atmospheric. Crowd noise seems odd, and the commentary is pretty much the exact same as last year, which is just lazy. However, still better than Fifa. Really annoys me, when the commentary is 2 or 3 moves behind the actual play. Ball control when receiving the ball seems alot harder, but maybe that's just the particular players I'm using. When you do pull it off it's very satisying, as you feel you've really won the ball, especially in the air. I don't really like the way the master league is presented now. Preferred last years and I can't find where to regulate my players condition - anyone know if it's in there at all?

It's too early to say for sure, but I think Pro Evo just beats Fifa this year, but both are very good games in different ways. Very little between them IMO. I'll be playing both alot I think. Some people seem to make up their mind after a few games which is stupid. I prefer to have to learn how to play new versions as it indicates to me there have been changes made, and presents a challenge in becoming good at the game again. It took me a good number of games to get used to Fifa. I'll give this version of PES the same time. I'm into the initial stages of Champions League and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

Dean820 wrote: »
    Whats the online like?
    huge improvement with the online just played someone with a bad connection and barely any lag, it took konami 2 years but they have finally fixed online:D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

As a pro evo fan i am afraid fifa gets the nod this time around. Better gameplay overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

huge improvement with the online just played someone with a bad connection and barely any lag, it took konami 2 years but they have finally fixed online:D

Thank god for that. I can finally get rid of PES 6.:D

Advertisement